The official HTC Touch Diamond 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Syphon Filter
I think it will... the Diamond was supposed to have haptics but they didn't get a satisfactory experience in time for launch. When you play the rolly-ball game, you can feel the motors in there :D

P

I believe that is just the vibration motor at work in that game. The combination of your eyes seeing the ball impact the side of the screen at a particular point and the vibration of the motor (which can vary it's intensity/vibration time) tricks your brain into thinking it;s a localised feedback.

Or is there definitive evidence there are a number of motors providing true localised feedback

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest timeline

Does it work with the extUSB adapter? The TYTNII and Polaris cannot charge and listen at the same time due to poor design electrical interference can be heard the moment the charge is plugged in.

The same adapter works fine on htc elf/elfins

Guest neilg

Does email and other messaging rotate to landscape or is it stuck in portrait mode?

Are there any enhancements to the WM interface for reading/sending/creating email and other messages that HTC has added?

thanks

n

Guest Paul (MVP)

Email and messaging don't rotate.

The enhancements are minor, things like the scrolly zoom wheel works in messaging apps, big finger friendly menus... I think that's pretty much it bar access to the mails etc. directly in Touchflo 3D...

P

Guest T39andcounting

I was in the Orange store on Oxford Street (by Bond Street Tube) yesterday and they have the plastic model of this out the back. He let me have a look and it felt really small and neat, although screen also looked very small. Can't tell much from one of those mock-ups though. They guy (store manager I think) told me it'd be available on Orange in July, and the Raphael should be on Orange soon after (August or September). My contract is due for renewal in July... sweet!

Guest shootydogthing
Email and messaging don't rotate.

The enhancements are minor, things like the scrolly zoom wheel works in messaging apps, big finger friendly menus... I think that's pretty much it bar access to the mails etc. directly in Touchflo 3D...

P

So the wheel will scroll in some applications?

Guest Simon Desser
So the wheel will scroll in some applications?

No it just zooms in and out in Word and messaging to increase or decrease font sizes, and in Opera and on pictures in HTC Album.

Edited by Simon Desser

Guest blackhorse

We are expecting launch very shortly, sorry i cant provide details as to time scales. (its gross misconduct for the main reason)

Edited by blackhorse

Guest shootydogthing
No it just zooms in and out in Word and messaging to increase or decrease font sizes, and in Opera and on pictures in HTC Album.

Ahh... I didn't know it did font sizes

Guest leoiden

good day paul

got a couple of questions?

whats is smart touch

also concurrence manager

htc diamond ringtone plugin?

thanks in advance!

Guest LeiChat

Cheers Paul...

Presuming I can still sync with Outlook, does it use the contact picture from there in that lovely flow interface?

Do you know what the optimum size for contact pics is please?

(don't want to use up any more of that 4Gb than I need to)

Guest Paul (MVP)
Cheers Paul...

Presuming I can still sync with Outlook, does it use the contact picture from there in that lovely flow interface?

Do you know what the optimum size for contact pics is please?

(don't want to use up any more of that 4Gb than I need to)

The pics for Touchflo 3D are specified seperately, and I'm not sure of the optimum size i'm afraid!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Dont know if I missed reasing this, but does the screen feel hard...

...like iPhone glass?

...like the Touch?

Hard... it's tempered glass.

P

Guest Syphon Filter
Hard... it's tempered glass.

P

I think what he means is does it have a membrane over it. With it being a resistive touch screen (like past HTC devices) there surely is a membrane over the top of the tempered glass.

The iPhone, on the other hand, has a capacitive screen right, means it doesnt have that ever so slightly flexible layer over the glass.

Or am I WAY off base here?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Correct, the touch bit is outside the glass (by necessity), but it FEELS like you're just touching glass. It doesn't move at all.

P

Guest Syphon Filter
Correct, the touch bit is outside the glass (by necessity), but it FEELS like you're just touching glass. It doesn't move at all.

P

Schveet. Thats really good news.

Guest doughnut56
Brilliant!:D

And UK networks?

rte-resize-up.gif
  1. hi paul! can you post the step by step procedure on how i can update my ROM? also, how can i install the tomtom7 to my htc diamond? please help.

Guest thelondonthing

CoolSmartPhone is reporting here that Vodafone is set to launch the Diamond on PAYG (yes, that's right - without a contract) for just £230.00.

Extracted from Vodafone brochure (courtesy of CoolSmartPhone):

vodafonebrochure1.jpg

A Vodafone manager has apparently confirmed that this is the intended price - for the handset on PAYG but locked to the Vodafone network - and that it will be available from July 22.

Edited by thelondonthing

Guest T39andcounting
PAYG (yes, that's right - without a contract) for just £230.00.

Great, so all the chavs on the street corners will be toteing this and blaring out their music on it's tiny speaker? That'll be one reason not to buy it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.