Remote Desktop - Where'd it go?

Guest Snoopstah

• 1 month later...
Brill - thanks Paul! :D

Looking for a bit of assistance, installed this and have everything setup, port forwarded on router etc, but when I hit connect I just get a status of 'Not Connected'. Anyone got any ideas of what I might have missed.

I've setup a password on my admin account and switched on remote desktop in Win XP.

In the computer name box i've entered my ip address followed by the port number.

thanks for any advice.

Guest mrmond
Looking for a bit of assistance, installed this and have everything setup, port forwarded on router etc, but when I hit connect I just get a status of 'Not Connected'. Anyone got any ideas of what I might have missed.

I've setup a password on my admin account and switched on remote desktop in Win XP.

In the computer name box i've entered my ip address followed by the port number.

thanks for any advice.

Why not just use .NET vnc viewer which works on all windows mobile phones I've had in the last 5 years ?

Then you can use any vnc client on your pc with any os.

Hell ! the viewer can even be run on windows as a standalone vnc viewer itself. plus most vnc client are more secure than the windows remote viewer service.

Mrmond.

According to the release notes it doesnt do full screen or screen rotation which would seem a bit of a waste not to take advantage of the Diamonds VGA screen in landscape. Thanks for bringing it to my attention tho. :D

Guest mrmond
According to the release notes it doesnt do full screen or screen rotation which would seem a bit of a waste not to take advantage of the Diamonds VGA screen in landscape. Thanks for bringing it to my attention tho. :D

eerm... it does on my phones.

I always use it on landscape with full screen on cause I got an E650 at the moment.

supports server scaling as well.

HTH.

Just did a quick check to confirm, this from the web site

.NET VNC Viewer is a VNC viewer written entirely in C#. It is binary compatible with Smartphones, Pocket PCs and Windows desktops (with .NET Compact Framework or .NET Framework). I write this mainly because other VNC viewers on Pocket PC do not do full screen and screen rotation.

mrmond1

Edited by mrmond