WiFi vs GPRS

Guest joepke

Guest joepke

Hello,

I don't know if the upgrade from WM6 to WM61 is the cause of my problem but I have noticed it after the upgrade.

Using my TyTN II on the road I have a connection with Vodafone GPRS.

If I switched the WiFi on at home the device automatically contected to my wireless router and the GPRS connection was disconnected.

After switching of the WiFi the GPRS connected again.

So, no use of GPRS data when connected to WiFi.

Now the GPRS connection doen not disconnect anymore when switching on the WiFi and having connecting to my router.

So, even with WiFi the GPRS data is used.

I need to switch of GPRS to use WiFi.

How it comes?

Guest brandall

I used to end the data connection by holding the 'end call' key before going wifi to make sure - now there are a few 'advanced config' tools kicking around that will disconnect the data connection if not used for x amount of time. They work for me and have some other great tweaks in too.

This is one of the ones I use over at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=333898

Good luck

Guest WearTheFoxHat

"New" data connections should go via WIFI when it is turned on. HOWEVER, if you are for instance downloading from Pocket Internet Explorer via GPRS, and then decide to turn your WIFI on, then it will still continue to download via GPRS, and not switch over. What you would have to do, is close Pocket IE and then reopen it, and start the download again.

Guest joepke
"New" data connections should go via WIFI when it is turned on. HOWEVER, if you are for instance downloading from Pocket Internet Explorer via GPRS, and then decide to turn your WIFI on, then it will still continue to download via GPRS, and not switch over. What you would have to do, is close Pocket IE and then reopen it, and start the download again.

Thanks guys,

bij checking my ip-adres I found out that wifi is used when it is turned on even though the GPRS connection stays open.

Regards,

Jo