E650 Problems

Guest wennockmh

Guest wennockmh

I have a Orange E650. It seems to be acting slightly oddly at the moment.

Firstly I cant send MMS Messages all seem to match the Orange settings mentioned on the support pages. But it starts to send connects to "G" brings up the sending message icon then finishes and leaves the message in the outbox. I have tried this a number of times over the last week and has been the same. Nothing has changed as far as I know since it last worked. Any ideas?

Secondly.. Which is a little strange. While the phone is in sleep it will all of a sudden light up as if something is being sent / received but nothing comes. It will then take longer than normal to sleep again or not sleep full stop. This seems to be happening a lot a I would say more than 5 per hour?

I did try and flash the with a newer ROM last night but I can only seem to connect my active sync via Bluetooth, which is probably a setup active sync issue but I am yet to get round this.

All is pointing me to getting a new phone, The Diamond, Which brings me to the last question I terminate on Orange but where do I go??

well sice you have tried flashing, did it work are you using the HTC rom/ Gonzos 6.1 rom?? or are you still using the orange rom?

If you are on the new rom you need the orange settings you can get them from here:

http://setuporange.wdsglobal.com/

if you are still on the orange rom just try a cold booth (everything will erase) turn the phone off and when starting on again hold the left and right soft keys and follow screen.

Ive wondered myself if the new HTC phones will release on any network in the UK dont know about that one you could always buy one sim free and just put you orange sim in, if you terminate your contract early it just means you will have to pay off the rest of your contract if you still in contract.

Guest wennockmh

Well I went for the hard reset option.

MMS now works …. Ok

But the phone is still lighting up every minute or so then going back to sleep. Not a major issue unless there's a fault here.

Seems orange are just pinging my phone strange!

But it is dam annoying as I keep thinking I am more popular than I am and am going to get a message from the wife or girlfriend!

Still cant access the phone via active sync through the USB but I know there have been issues with this and various fault finding processes I should do so will look into this

Guest ICQEagle
Well I went for the hard reset option.

MMS now works …. Ok

But the phone is still lighting up every minute or so then going back to sleep. Not a major issue unless there's a fault here.

Seems orange are just pinging my phone strange!

But it is dam annoying as I keep thinking I am more popular than I am and am going to get a message from the wife or girlfriend!

Still cant access the phone via active sync through the USB but I know there have been issues with this and various fault finding processes I should do so will look into this

Get rid of that Orange sh*t... I would suggest the latest HTC ROM, but also some 6.1 Beta like Dr. Gonzo would be better than that.

Edited by ICQEagle