Connect TYTN II to digital camera or card reader?

Guest Andy1984UK

Guest Andy1984UK

Hi... As the title says... Can I plug a usb cable into the bottom of the TYTN II and plug it into a card reader or directly into a camera to access stored photos?

I'm basically trying to get my photos off my camera (XD picture card) and put them on my TYTN II without using a computer. Is it possible?

Cheers

Guest mwright
Hi... As the title says... Can I plug a usb cable into the bottom of the TYTN II and plug it into a card reader or directly into a camera to access stored photos?

I'm basically trying to get my photos off my camera (XD picture card) and put them on my TYTN II without using a computer. Is it possible?

Cheers

Pretty sure it won't work since the TYTN can only work as a USB slave and not a Host.

So it can only be a peripheral and connect to another computer.

Sorry.

Guest hotphil

If you bought a camera that used an SD, MiniSD or MicroSD card, you may have to use an adaptor in the camera but you could just transfer the card then. Not as elegant as USB host functionality, but might be an option.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Subliminal Aura
You could try something similar to this USB Doodah. I've no idea if it will work though.

This looked promising until I noticed that it's not very mobile (note the power supply and socket)

Defeats the purpose *doh*

Anyone found a solution yet or maybe can recommend some form of copier like this...

http://the-gadgeteer.com/review/qcool_iii_..._hd_case_review

Cheers

Edited by Subliminal Aura