Memory Card Size

Guest mattgod69

Guest mattgod69

Hi, not sure if this has already been answered elsewhere (I have not been able to find it) but waht is the max memory card that this phone can accept?

Loving the i780 by the way!

Cheers in advance.

Matt

• 3 months later...
Hi, not sure if this has already been answered elsewhere (I have not been able to find it) but waht is the max memory card that this phone can accept?

Loving the i780 by the way!

Cheers in advance.

Matt

I also have an 8GB SDHC in my phone and works well ..

With my bundle I got lifetime license for Garmin navigator and it comes on a 1GB SD .. Worked fine, but had problems with transferring the data/program onto my 8GB SDHC .. The navigator refused to work ..

Eventually found out that one cannot use the phone as a card-reader (in external memory mode) and one cannot use a 'normal' SD card-reader which works on anything under 4GB) ..

To successfully read/write on 4GB up one needs a SDHC card-reader .. After I did that, everything worked perfectly ..

All the adverts for the i780 phone say 8GB, implying that 8GB is max. My user manual says it will work up to 16GB ... Haven't tried that yet ..

• 4 weeks later...

The maximum capacity for this phone is actually 32GB. The user manual specifies 16GB as, at the time of writing, 16GB was (and still is) the largest capacity micro SDHC card available.

I am unsure as to why adverts claimed 8GB -- my only guess is that they have no clue. I haven't seen these adverts myself.

Guest Jokes On You
On your Omnia? Atleast we get a QWERTY keyboard B)

If the 780 accepts any SDHC memory card then a 16 gig should work fine. By the way I have an QWERTY too just onscreen. B) B)

Edited by Jokes On You