Cannot find 6.1 on HTC Site - Even after registering.

Guest Sonicr360

Guest Sonicr360

I recall a post (I think Paul started it), that there was a 6.1 update for those who got the TYTN II via Expansys or not via a Network provider.

Although I signed up to the HTC club, its not appearing as a download for the tytn II.

Am I missing something? I see there is a vodafone upgrade (my sim is vodafone, but bought the tytn II sim free), but was not sure what upgrade I should be going for.

I was also unsure if the links on the XDA site were cooked non official roms, or the genuine article.

Can anyone advise? I had a shed load of stuff on my 6.0 device, that I also wonder if its worth the upgrade.

Thanks, Simon

Guest chucky.egg

I went from the Vodafone WM6.0 to TLRs WM6.1 and would say it is worth it, if for no other reason than getting rid of the V branding.

If you are going to do it you should either use a cooked ROM or an HTC original - it wouldn't make sense to put a network-branded ROM on a SIM-FREE device.

The "XDA site" could be either XDA-Developers, or the O2 XDA site. I'm guessing you mean XDA-Developers, in which case almost every ROM on there would be unofficial but you will find links to original HTC ROMs.

I can't comment on the HTC download, but if you search XDA-Developers for something like "HTC Kaiser WM 6.1 original ROM" you should get close.

If you do do it:

Move your data to your SD card before you start

Keep a list of the apps that you want to install (I keep a copy of all my apps in CAB form on the SD card)

Sync your Outlook data (if any) to your PC or laptop, or to an online service

Guest Sonicr360

Thats what I was trying to look for ... the official HTC original. It just does not appear on the download section.

XDA was in fact xda developers - I had a look, but its clear there is some cooking going on. I will research this avenue again.

Ta

Guest burrzoo
I recall a post (I think Paul started it), that there was a 6.1 update for those who got the TYTN II via Expansys or not via a Network provider.

Although I signed up to the HTC club, its not appearing as a download for the tytn II.

Am I missing something? I see there is a vodafone upgrade (my sim is vodafone, but bought the tytn II sim free), but was not sure what upgrade I should be going for.

I was also unsure if the links on the XDA site were cooked non official roms, or the genuine article.

Can anyone advise? I had a shed load of stuff on my 6.0 device, that I also wonder if its worth the upgrade.

Thanks, Simon

Maybe you can try again. I just logged in to the HTC e-Club and went to My Download > Device Updates and the WinMo 6.1 is there to download now. I got last month from this location too-->

5/23/2008

Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional Upgrade

This is the Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional upgrade for the HTC TyTN II. Windows Mobile® 6.1 is the latest upgrade for Windows Mobile and it gives you improved usability, messaging and connections features. Windows Mobile® 6.1 comes with a host of new and enhanced features for:

- Messaging: including threaded SMS, recipient auto-complete, Direct Push improvements…

- Connectivity: Internet Explorer enhanced browsing, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection setup simplification, etc.

- Device Enrollment in company domain: enables the System Center Mobile Device Manager to manage the device.

- and more ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrc3
Maybe you can try again. I just logged in to the HTC e-Club and went to My Download > Device Updates and the WinMo 6.1 is there to download now. I got last month from this location too-->

5/23/2008

Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional Upgrade

This is the Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional upgrade for the HTC TyTN II. Windows Mobile® 6.1 is the latest upgrade for Windows Mobile and it gives you improved usability, messaging and connections features. Windows Mobile® 6.1 comes with a host of new and enhanced features for:

- Messaging: including threaded SMS, recipient auto-complete, Direct Push improvements…

- Connectivity: Internet Explorer enhanced browsing, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection setup simplification, etc.

- Device Enrollment in company domain: enables the System Center Mobile Device Manager to manage the device.

- and more ...

Hmmm,De

No dice for me. I log in to HTC Eclub where I have registered an HTC branded kaiser, and under My Downloads->Device Updates it asks me to select my phone from "the list" but no list appears. Under My Downloads->Drivers & Applications I get the three hotfixes (bluetooth, Photo Quality, System Hang when memory low), but neither has WM6.1 update.

I am a US owner, using IE as a browser... Any suggestions on how I can obtain the official HTC WM6.1?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm,De

No dice for me. I log in to HTC Eclub where I have registered an HTC branded kaiser, and under My Downloads->Device Updates it asks me to select my phone from "the list" but no list appears. Under My Downloads->Drivers & Applications I get the three hotfixes (bluetooth, Photo Quality, System Hang when memory low), but neither has WM6.1 update.

I am a US owner, using IE as a browser... Any suggestions on how I can obtain the official HTC WM6.1?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Somewhat frustrated with HTC at this point. Still can't get the download from the HTC Eclub. I ask support to explain why I can't, and they say to contact the "webmaster"... So I contact the "webmaster" several more times with absolutely no response. Ask support again if they can assist and provide me with the official HTC WM6.1. and their response is sympothetic, but no, I need to wait from a response from the mystical "webmaster"...

Can anybody here provide me with the english version of the official HTCP WM6.1 upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Somewhat frustrated with HTC at this point. Still can't get the download from the HTC Eclub. I ask support to explain why I can't, and they say to contact the "webmaster"... So I contact the "webmaster" several more times with absolutely no response. Ask support again if they can assist and provide me with the official HTC WM6.1. and their response is sympothetic, but no, I need to wait from a response from the mystical "webmaster"...

Can anybody here provide me with the english version of the official HTCP WM6.1 upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Who supplied your handset? Is it a european import? It could be that the US english version of the rom isn't ready yet if you got it locally. The HTC site *is* that picky - it offers rom upgrades based on original sales region. I know this as I got some TYTN's from Dubai through work and registered them.

M.S

• 2 weeks later...
Who supplied your handset? Is it a european import? It could be that the US english version of the rom isn't ready yet if you got it locally. The HTC site *is* that picky - it offers rom upgrades based on original sales region. I know this as I got some TYTN's from Dubai through work and registered them.

M.S

Frankly I don't know the origin (ebay purchase) European power connecter, english manual & box.

So HTC changed up their download site so you no longer go through Eclub, rather you go through support.

I enter the serial number and it says "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device". I'm sure it's a region thing as you suggest and the download will work just fine. Could Somebody provide me with a serial number that will get me past this prompt?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Have you had a look at xda-devs? You can usually find any ROM you want there.

Tried there, and there is a number of non-english WM6.1 from the HTC site... I couldn't find the english version... Oh well.