Diamond/MDA Compact IV - Im getting sick of this s**t

Guest darthbane2k

Guest darthbane2k

Okay, so now T Mobile are telling me there is 'no release date' for the MDA compact IV. Am I the only one getting sick of this cloak and dagger bull? There is clearly a demand for this phone and I cannot believe the network has no freaking idea when its due for release. No idea at all. I asked, do stocks of the phone just magically arrive at their warehouse with no warning, they simply said that it would appear on their website if and when it is released. which is bull, because their website is a load of crap anyway and doesnt even list their full range.

*Rant Over*

Guest Monolithix

It's no different to any other network tbh, they're all VERY secretive about the handsets they're taking on, even when the evidence against them is overwhelming. And from experience, the people who you get to speak to at phone companies really do only know that a device is available the day it arrives in a delivery...

Guest darthbane2k

It was rumoured that the MDA Compact IV would be launched today (July 1st), so I call T Mobile. They still have absolutely no specific infomation on their system regarding the release date - only that it will be in July/August!!

Guest jimbouk

They wont release handet due dates as they worry that no one will upgrade to other handsets if they know when the really good handsets are definitely coming.

Guest VulakAerr

I spoke to a guy at my local T-Mobile store last week and he said 5-6 weeks. He's normally pretty good and I know for a fact that he's a WinMo enthusiast. Bit later than most were expecting, I guess. :/

Guest darthbane2k
I spoke to a guy at my local T-Mobile store last week and he said 5-6 weeks. He's normally pretty good and I know for a fact that he's a WinMo enthusiast. Bit later than most were expecting, I guess. :/

Im not waiting that long. Expansys here I come!

Guest andrewkeith5

The compact iv WILL be coming out some time this month definately, according to the phone trainer guy (who worked for htc) that i ran into in my local t-mobile shop. it's difficult to give precise dates because deliveries are often difficult to organise to so many locations

Guest darthbane2k
The compact iv WILL be coming out some time this month definately, according to the phone trainer guy (who worked for htc) that i ran into in my local t-mobile shop. it's difficult to give precise dates because deliveries are often difficult to organise to so many locations

Yeah but even web sales - at their central warehouse, dont seem to have a clue

Guest estechco

I too spoke to one of their upgrade guys (who himself was waiting for one for his own benefit) and he claimed it would definitely arrive in July.

Interestingly he also said the reason they don't update the coming soon page any more is that they receive some kind of bonus based on the conversion rate of calls taken. Obviously, if folk see a tasty phone which isn't yet available their convesion rate plummets. I can see the logic in that!

Guest Chocolicious

It better be this month as I have been waiting since December for this phone, at least I have the iPhone to look forward to definitely. I was hoping to have the Compact already but had a feeling they would come out at the same time.

I have three upgrades that I have saved for this, the iphone then one due end of August for Vario IV in all likelihood, although not sure if teh X1 might be the way to go.