Is this a good deal?

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Hi all;

Hoping someone can help!

I am working with an "offshore resource" who is in the UK for a year...

His Requirements are phone + internet access (for laptop) + Cheap calls home!

We have been phone shopping today and have come up with this deal @ Three ...

I think its pretty good - anyone got any comments before we go and buy one as i have no experience of Three...

For £15 a month you get:

300 minutes\texts a month

free voicemail

free instant messaging - windows live

free Skype <> Skype calls

Add £7 per month for

Free USB Modem

5Gb a month data allowance

Add £15 Per Month for

unlimited international calling (ie Calling home to India)

I think its a pretty awesome package...

The phone choices are:

Nokia 3120

Nokia 6500 Slide Black or Silver

Sony Ericsson K610i

Sony Ericsson K660i Lime White or Red

Sony Ericsson Z750i Silver or Purple

Out of those - whats the best phone (would also like to look at ebay resell value - if there is any...!)

Cheers

SF

Guest Dark Horse

Looks like a good deal to me :D

Can I ask, how did you get the £15 per month extra for unlimited international calls and is this to any country? Does it include international sms? I don't see this £15 per month unlimited international calls deal on the website, would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest Confucious

3's coverage isn't the best, nor is their data speed, but if you can live with that then it does seem a good deal.

[Edit] Just looked at their site and the Broadband Plus add on is 3Gb for £15/month or 1Gb for £10 - where do you get 5Gb for £7.50?[/Edit]

@Dark Horse Add ons

With Add International Saver for just ?15 a month you can talk on your mobile to anyone you like, in 23 destinations, for as long as you like*. So get an Add International Saver. Get a coffee. Get comfy. And get dialling.

* Subject to fair use policy.

Edited by Confucious

Guest Dark Horse
@Dark Horse Add ons

Thanks for that, didn't see it on my titchy BlackBerry browser as it was scrolled all the way to the right :D

Add £15 Per Month for

unlimited international calling (ie Calling home to India)

According to the specific destinations link on this page, it doesn't include India though.

Edited by Dark Horse

Guest Confucious
According to the specific destinations link on this page, it doesn't include India though.

I didn't get that far - does rather p!ss on the OPs fireworks, doesn't it?

Sorry.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I didn't get that far - does rather p!ss on the OPs fireworks, doesn't it?

Sorry.

Yeah i noticed that yesterday - after posting - but couldn't get on at work to post!

Bummer :D

The other thing i thought of was Skype Out to India via 3 -but Skype Out doesn't work in India....

So i think we might next look at phone cards...

Just looked at their site and the Broadband Plus add on is 3Gb for £15/month or 1Gb for £10 - where do you get 5Gb for £7.50?

The Deal was in the Three shop in Solihull - it was basically £22 a month for the £15 line rental pack and USB modem - which *evidently* has just had the download increased from 3-5Gb. However having been told that we could call India for free - i might go back and chack that!

So whats the best deal then for combined phone\broadband connectivity...? (looks like international calling is a no no..)

SF

Guest Confucious

That's still a pretty good deal.

T-Mob are doing Flext35 on selected phones for only £25/month if you need more mins and texts. The W'n'W add on is £12.50 for tethering (you'd have to use your phone as the modem) for 3Gb so you'd be paying £37,50 albeit for more mins/texts and a faster internet connection and better coverage.

Voda have just started including 500Mb of data in their plans but I don't believe it includes tethering and same goes for O2's web add on.

For value for money you won't beat 3 - provided you have coverage and don't mind their less than optimal speeds. - Check out this months PCPro for their comparison of the Mobile Broadband services.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
That's still a pretty good deal.

For value for money you won't beat 3 - provided you have coverage and don't mind their less than optimal speeds. - Check out this months PCPro for their comparison of the Mobile Broadband services.

I am starting to come to that realisation...

Looks like for £22 the minutes (300 a month) and data 3\5Gb (who knows!) is unbeatable....

The guy will be based in Solihull\Birmingham so i expect the coverage to be pretty good - its more down to cost\value....!

The data card is for emails\general surfing i think - no movie downloads etc... so speeds shouldn't be a massive issue. Thanks for the info on PCPro..

Anyone have any recommendations on the best phone of this lot?

Nokia 3120

Nokia 6500 Slide Black or Silver

Sony Ericsson K610i

Sony Ericsson K660i Lime White or Red

Sony Ericsson Z750i Silver or Purple

Cheers

SF