Phone vibrate when call answered

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Ok, quick question....

When I dial someone on my Kaiser, how do I stop it vibrating in my ear when the person answers the call?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

arse ... it's really annoying too.

Getting a bit fed up of this kaiser now! Just slow to respond to input, fiddly when pressing the screen, keys not working as well as they should. Oh and the pants camera is driving me nuts!

I'm rather embarassed to say I've just been looking at Nokia N95 to fill the gap until the i900 comes out ... but it doesn't do push email. The Sony Ericsson P1i doesnt do push email, and although the crackberries are reliable, they don't quite have the full featureset I want!

Guest chucky.egg

My Kaiser doesn't vibrate when the other end answers either

Have you tried updating your ROM? I use TLRs WM6.1 and find it pretty fast, very stable, and free of network branding!

Otherwise have a look at the Nokia E51 or E71 (not out yet I dont think). They're Symbian Series 60, with "Mail for Exchange" (Exchange activesync)?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Yeah I'm using TLRs first ROM. It's great. I think I just have too much tat on there now, and the phone is sloow.

I feel dirty looking at nokia phones! I love my WM device, just wish it was a bit more slick, and less fiddly.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Wow, that E71 is amazing, and it's available. It's like a N95 but better built, like a Blackberry with a bit more usabiltity and a camera ... BUT ...

"Mail for Exchange" requires me to get a client loaded onto my hosted exchange box. Damn that aint going to happen.

Guest Cjay
When I dial someone on my Kaiser, how do I stop it vibrating in my ear when the person answers the call?

PocketMax phoneAlarm has a vibrate on answer option. Could it be that running in the background?

Chris

Guest tsutton

Check the sounds settings.

I'm on TLR's 2nd ROM, no issue. Missus doesn't hear vibrate when she use my phone to make phone calls.

Guest WearTheFoxHat
PocketMax phoneAlarm has a vibrate on answer option. Could it be that running in the background?

Chris

\o/ Whay ... you win a finger of fudge !!! PhoneAlarm was the culprit!

Guest chucky.egg
"Mail for Exchange" requires me to get a client loaded onto my hosted exchange box. Damn that aint going to happen.

I didn't have to - worked straight out of the box with my Exchange 2007 hosted service.

It was fiddly and confusing to setup compared to Direct Push in WM5+, but once setup worked well.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Just checked Simply Mail, and they support Nokia Mail for Exchange ... could be onto something here ... although new iPhone is out soon! Tempting.