Celio Redfly in stock at eXpansys @ £309.37 inc

Guest Mysterious Stranger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
£250 is the sweet-spot price IMHO... shame it's over that...

P

Expansys upto £319, Celio themselves down to $399 plus shipping ($50 to EU) so as long as like me you don't get hit for duty / VAT it's under the price...

Lots more phones on the list now:

http://www.celiocorp.com/smartphone/

Exacliber, Blackjack I/II, Moto Q9, Ipaq 910/610, Touch and others :-)

Also there's a firmware update for the main unit but can't find any changelog / details as to what it does!

http://www.celiocorp.com/install/eula.asp?f=RFDFirmware.CAB

M.S

Woo, cool, might give this a try with the i900! :D

P

From experience, all WM5 onwards devices will connect / display, just the functionality is a bit KRaZy - softkeys swopped over, buttons not responding etc.

Unless they've specifically written it for the i900 you'll get basic functionality at best. For now. :-)

M.S

Expansys upto £319, Celio themselves down to $399 plus shipping ($50 to EU) so as long as like me you don't get hit for duty / VAT it's under the price...

2 days later and it's £328!!!!

Hmmmm.

M.S

Couldn't get my Redfly to play with the i900 at all, it USED to work with 'unapproved' devices!

:D

P

Before or after the redfly unit's firmware update? I haven't flashed mine yet, have you? Might it now stop use with non-approved devices 'to enhance the user experience' etc so you can't use it if it's buggy? Might give it a miss for now then...

edit - could it also be the chip archtecture of the samsung is so different from any of the predominatley HTC PPC's that are on the list it simply doesn't have the drivers to interface with the CPU on the phone? IIRC the only none HTC devices on the compatibility list are the moto q9 and samsung blackjacks - and they are all smartphones.

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest Paul (MVP)

I haven't flashed mine yet.

I couldn't install the latest Redfly software CAB on my i900, whereas before i've installed it on all sorts of weird and wonderful hardware :D

P

I haven't flashed mine yet.

I couldn't install the latest Redfly software CAB on my i900, whereas before i've installed it on all sorts of weird and wonderful hardware :D

P

You never know, the unit update may 'fix' it. No changelog though....

Might do one later and see if any difference. I have my own little bug 'feature' list to check against with the new f/w.

M.S