damp Hermes problems

Guest twizzle

Guest twizzle

Ok so today i got caught in a very hard shower of rain, for all of 300yrds. I had the Hermes in my lunch box open to the elements so it got a little wet. There were some splashes of rain on the touch screen, but it wasnt swimming in water.

4 hours later, the phone was still on but hadnt been used. I go to send a SMS and the touch screen starts doing random things. I clicked on START at the top of the screen and my contacts opened (which is the option on the bottom right of my screen) I try to click the X on top right and the calender opens. So i hold the power button to turn it off, the dialog box opens asking if i'm sure, but i cant select yes or no. Try to dial a number, it randomly calls one and wont let me use the end talk button on screen, it opens the wirless options instead.

Now it was only a little damp and i had wiped it dry so i wouldnt have normally expected this sort of thing. Maybe if i'd dropped it in a cup of tea or a puddle it would play up like this but not a few rain drops.

Rang Orange care, they took all my details, description of the problem, how it happened etc, and then told me to let it dry for 24hrs!! It was dry after 4 hrs!! I've taken the battery out and left it for 15 mins and tried again but still no luck. Its fekked.

Gonna ring them again tomorrow and see what they say.

Anyone else had issues like this?

Guest pd.ryder

You've probably got water between the screen layers. If you pop it in a warm (not hot) spot for 24 hours it might evaporate out. Take everything off it / out of it including battery, cover, SIM card, memory card / blanking plate etc it will have more chance of evaporating away through the holes and gaps.

If you've no airing cupboard, try pointing a 60 watt desk lamp at it from about 30cm away. Be patient, it will take a while and might even leave unwanted deposits behind which could cause ongoing problems.

Good luck ;)

Paul

Guest twizzle
You've probably got water between the screen layers. If you pop it in a warm (not hot) spot for 24 hours it might evaporate out. Take everything off it / out of it including battery, cover, SIM card, memory card / blanking plate etc it will have more chance of evaporating away through the holes and gaps.

If you've no airing cupboard, try pointing a 60 watt desk lamp at it from about 30cm away. Be patient, it will take a while and might even leave unwanted deposits behind which could cause ongoing problems.

Good luck :D

Paul

Tried that but no luck. Touch screen still playing up. Anyway, they came and collected it tonight and supplied a replacement phone. Same model but seems the OS is different. Its still WM but i don't remeber it looking like this or asking as many questions on start up.

in a few weeks i think i'm due an upgrade any way, but i do liek the keyboard on this phone, its just that the slide mechanism has started to feel looser, so not sure i want the Hermes mk2.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CoDaMo

ah! I had exactly the same problem like yours too.

i got water droplets dropped into the screen and it happened exactly like how you describe yours.

but after few days, the touch screen totally unresponsive, before that i still can live with it without touch screen as if using a non touch screen phone, but something happened today with the phone and i tried to hard reset the phone, forgoten that i need to tap on the screen to resetting the phone, which i cant! so it's literally a dead phone now. :D

so i sent it to a shop claim to be "phone clinic" here in birmingham. just have to see what they gonna say in few days. *cross fingers*

Guest Confucious
Rang Orange care, they took all my details, description of the problem, how it happened etc, and then told me to let it dry for 24hrs!! It was dry after 4 hrs!!

So for once Orange care actually give good advice and you dismiss it.

And you wonder why your phone doesn't work?

Not a lot of point in saying anything is there?