Hard Reset Vodafone v1240

Guest rowa15

Guest rowa15

hi i read a thread saying holding down the 2 softkeys and powering on makes a hard reset after pressing 0 im using vodafone v1240. when u do hold down the two soft buttons and turn it on it flashes white then goes on to a screen tht is red green blue and white at the bottom. with in the red box it says: tornado ipl 1.00 then at the bottom of the red box: Tornado spl 1.00.0009

in the green box it says: Tornado Iu

ive tryed pressing 0 but it doesnt do anything please help me reset my fone so tht i can get back in to it thaks in advance

Guest awarner (MVP)

What you are seeing is the screen known as the bootloader. This is normally accessed by holding the camer button.

When doing the hard reset you should be holding the softbuttons then power on. As soon as the phone starts release the power button.

Guest Confucious

Just in case you are not sure 'softbuttons' are the 2 buttons under the screen that do different things depending on which screen you are in (hence 'soft' rather than 'hard' coded) when you hold these down while reseting yopur screen should go white with a message saying press 0 to continue.