Towers Trap 35% off on Mobile2Day.com !

Guest Zeiram

Guest mikeeey

Let me just add, Towerstrap is not compatible with qualcomm devices.

I tried to launch the game and in version 1.0 it just hangs at a certain frame (that frame being the loading screen). This is when your phone is not plugged into the computer it will suffer this problem. However, click the power button and put your device in standby, turn it back on there it has changed 1 frame, you should now be in the menu. So to progress one frame you need to turn your screen off and back on.

However, if you have your device plugged into the computer it should refresh about every 3 or 4 frames. This is still terrible framerate.

In version 1.1 it starts to load, then when it normally would have just hung, the game quits itself.

I have tried to contact customer service, at first they said they would ask me to test when they had a new version, but then they told me they found the problem. They said the problem was the rom i was using, and my rom didnt support direct draw. They then linked me to xda-developers. So i click on this link, and guess where I am? MY OWN TOPIC! yes they linked me to a topic I had created on xda developers. It was a topic I created asking if the new wm6.1 roms support direct draw, but really it turns out it was just a problem with landscape cleartype that these wm6.1 roms suffer from.

So the support was no help, my own topic which he linked me was completely irrelevant to this problem.

perhaps I should email them again, or maybe we need more people with qualcomm devices to email them.

This really is a great game, based off the flash game "desktop tower defense" and i really with it worked on my phone, i love this game.

Guest mikeeey

awesome! the customer service just sent me a Qualcomm Compatible version, they just finished it too.

I take it this version will be avaible to everyone else on their website very soon.

Guest Zeiram
be sure to thank me :D

Yeah, thanks for helping to receive a qualcomm compatible version, and no big thanks for spreading it on the other website where i got your quote from... :(

Guest dario69
awesome! the customer service just sent me a Qualcomm Compatible version, they just finished it too.

I take it this version will be avaible to everyone else on their website very soon.

The developers were great in responding to this issue. I had the same problem with my HTC Touch Dual. I worked with them last week to resolve the Qualcomm issue. A very cool game. And very addicting.

Guest mikeeey
The developers were great in responding to this issue. I had the same problem with my HTC Touch Dual. I worked with them last week to resolve the Qualcomm issue. A very cool game. And very addicting.

awesome, they gave you the working version too? im surprised they havnt officially released this version yet.

Guest CharlyV
maybe because you released it on warez sites..........

Yes,he did.

No wonder why many software companies stop to make luxerurious games for this platform.

Guest jaikben

if companies are so trustfull to send some qualcom users a test version, they expect people to test NOT to put it on warez sites... A shame that when and if a developer gives you the change to beta test you back step them like this? Wince software developers are going bankrupt because off stuff like this. I am not holy either but this really is a sick way of releasing it into the warez community.

Guest Zeiram
That's quite a bold statement.

I can not see that as a reason not to release it officially though. :D

Maybe they expected some other feedback than a release on a warezsite as proof.

Guest dario69
awesome, they gave you the working version too? im surprised they havnt officially released this version yet.

Back on topic...Yes, they were great on working out the bugs and it didn't take long at all for them to correct the issue. I am now in the same boat as you Mikeey. That darn Qualcomm is sometimes more trouble than it is worth. Too bad my next device will be another qualcomm - Touch Pro. More Qualcomm headaches....

Guest mikeeey
Back on topic...Yes, they were great on working out the bugs and it didn't take long at all for them to correct the issue. I am now in the same boat as you Mikeey. That darn Qualcomm is sometimes more trouble than it is worth. Too bad my next device will be another qualcomm - Touch Pro. More Qualcomm headaches....

i dont think I'll buy anymore qualcomms (well unless i can see proof that it's fast), otherwise I'm waiting for those Nvidia devices to come out. The Nvidia processor is supposed to play Quake 3 with all detail maxed out, all lighting efffects, full resolution (well that the device can support) and best of all 60fps. and it doesnt even struggle to do this, that isnt it's full power.

Unfortunatly the first device will be like an iphone, just a screen, no buttons, i hate those phones, i need buttons.

But when they make a Nvidia PPC with slideout keyboard i will definatly buy it.

Guest Menneisyys
This really is a great game, based off the flash game "desktop tower defense" and i really with it worked on my phone, i love this game.

Agreed. After plaing some 30-40 minutes with the demo, I've decided it's certainly worth nominating for the Best Software Awards 2008 (of which I'm the Nominations Manager).