how to make my spv m3100 support 4gb micro sd?

Guest godlim98

Guest godlim98

Hi, i am newbie to pda phone, i just got my spv m3100, and i found that it doesn't support 4gb micro sd, can anyone advise me?

Thanks a lot!

Vincent

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gilinator

I've been looking at getting a 4GB micro SD but all I seem to find is micro SDHC.

I have read other threads saying SDHC doesn't work with Windows Mobile 5 but does with Windows Mobile 6. Can I upgrade for free?

If not does that mean, at present, we are stuck with a maximum of 2GB?

This is using a SPV M3100 by the way.

Guest fraktal
I've been looking at getting a 4GB micro SD but all I seem to find is micro SDHC.

I have read other threads saying SDHC doesn't work with Windows Mobile 5 but does with Windows Mobile 6. Can I upgrade for free?

Virtually all cards above 2GB are SDHC (but 4GB SD cards are rumoured to exist...)

I had an M3100 until recently (RIP, poor thing) with WM5, and it didn't support SDHC.

You could try upgrading the ROM (which would void your warranty) - there's loads of confusing options at forum.xda-developers.com - or you might try this patch which some people seem to have had success with on WM5.

Upgrading ROMs is free, but of dubious legality at best...although you run a slight risk of permanently breaking your phone, it's a fairly straightforward process (google mrvanx for a guide).

Edited by fraktal

Guest Trancemaster

I run a certain WM6 ROM on my Hermes and use an 8Gb SDHC card with no problems. Coupled with the tiny USB reader that came with it, its the best phone memory/memory stick I've ever had!

• 2 months later...
Guest mrplatypus
Can't you download WM6 from the Orange website or is that a different update?

I think that that is another update for WM 5.0, the radio stack etc ..