Please Help Orange Original Rom

Guest Graham 535i

Guest Graham 535i

Please help my touch needs to go back and i've updated the rom so I need the original orange rom, please help....

It's going back tomorrow

Thanks

Graham

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Please help my touch needs to go back and i've updated the rom so I need the original orange rom, please help....

It's going back tomorrow

Thanks

Graham

IIRC you'll need to use an unsigned re-constructed rom from someone else's dump - flashing using a soft-spl type method - as there has never been a signed official orange rom available .

Check xda-developers. If the unit won't boot there isn't a lot you can do to flash it back. Unsigned roms on non-cid unlocked devices show up as 'corrupt rom images' and roms with a different CID simply won't flash.

M.S

Guest Graham 535i
IIRC you'll need to use an unsigned re-constructed rom from someone else's dump - flashing using a soft-spl type method - as there has never been a signed official orange rom available .

Check xda-developers. If the unit won't boot there isn't a lot you can do to flash it back. Unsigned roms on non-cid unlocked devices show up as 'corrupt rom images' and roms with a different CID simply won't flash.

M.S

Will they be annoyed if I just leave as is...... the phone is fine just upgrading to Tytn 2

Thanks

Graham

Guest chucky.egg

If you're upgrading then why send the handset back?

It's yours, not theirs, so you can keep it.

If it has a different ROM on they might not be happy, but again it's your device so they can't exactly stop you.

If you're exchanging the handset (perhaps it's faulty or something) then they might want it back, in which case they might complain about the ROM but to be honest I'd just take the chance

Guest Graham 535i
If you're upgrading then why send the handset back?

It's yours, not theirs, so you can keep it.

If it has a different ROM on they might not be happy, but again it's your device so they can't exactly stop you.

If you're exchanging the handset (perhaps it's faulty or something) then they might want it back, in which case they might complain about the ROM but to be honest I'd just take the chance

I used to own the SPV3100 and a sales men told me the touch was better than the tytn and just as good as the tytn2, so phoned orange and complained and there sending me the tytn2 and want the touch back, I was going to say I didn't think I could return it so I tried to fix the memory errors......

Edited by Graham 535i

• 3 weeks later...