Orange Diamond, with generic software

Guest blackhorse

Guest blackhorse

Just playing with my diamond i got from store and there is no indication its from orange (bar the little logo on back cover)

It asked me to use the HTC auto detection setup to find out what network settings to download (things like GPRS and MMS)

Im guessing the initial batch have been rushed to compete with iphone 2

Guest darthbane2k

I find it hard to believe that there is no customisation at all.. very hard to believe.

What about things such as the Orange Music Store?

Is Windows Live still there?

Guest tmorel

I've just picked mine up from the Orange store in the Bullring Birmingham.

No orange branding, and am I being dense, there's no fancy 3D screen thingy and no Opera, just PIE

looks pretty tho!

Guest darthbane2k
I've just picked mine up from the Orange store in the Bullring Birmingham.

No orange branding, and am I being dense, there's no fancy 3D screen thingy and no Opera, just PIE

looks pretty tho!

No Touch Flo? No Opera? That cant be right. Did you interrupt the first boot of the device?

Guest tmorel
No Touch Flo? No Opera? That cant be right. Did you interrupt the first boot of the device?

Didn't interupt anything.

Will try a hard reset and go thru it again

ETA:

Ok, 4 hard resets later and it's working.

The initial set up (tap the cross to align blah blah blah) was really picky thru the screen protector and it took a couple of extra taps to get it to register, and I think I was *tap*tap*tap*tapping* and cancelling the rest of the install.

Luckily I was paying more attention to Diagnosis Murder on my last attempt and not being so impatient and this time (after a LONG delay) it's all been installed.

it's shiny

Edited by tmorel

Mine's an Orange set from Phones4U and as stated you wouldn't know it's from Orange other than the logo on the back :D

However, mine came from another store so I haven't had to do any setting up because it was already on when I got it.

Guest blackhorse

No Orange music store, MSN is still on it.

So this deffo aint the final software version, as i think its a rush before the iphone launch, when they have a little more time they will butcher the software, but for now its generic

Guest Looby

Just been to Orange in Norwich. 4 in stock and cannot have upgrades 'til 24th July. Tried one they had in stock and no Orange branding apart from logo on the back. :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

Say Hi to John in Gentleman's walk, tell him Paul sent you and ask him for a special MoDaCo deal! lol!

He probably won't give you one, but...

P

Guest Looby
Castle mall or Gentleman's walk? I could have had an upgrade for £70 from Gentleman's walk

Gentlemans walk. The four in stock were already allocated. :D

Guest rossy
I find it hard to believe that there is no customisation at all.. very hard to believe.

What about things such as the Orange Music Store?

Is Windows Live still there?

just got my orange upgrade to the diamond and software looks completely generic!

Am i right that if i use windows live messenger there will be no additional data costs as there is with orange messenger?