Jump to content

Please Help! BT PAN stopped working on my Vario III


Guest Manni01
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Manni01

Hi everyone,

Something weird happened. My Vario III was setup with my vaio TZ11 (Vista32 Business) to by used as a PAN BT modem (I've got WnW Plus).

It used to work fine, then suddenly it stopped working (I get the local connection, but no internet :D ).

I checked the ipv4 settings, tried to delete and recreate the connection, no luck.

Any idea?

I remember Paul mentioning alternate DNS, but I couldn't find the post. Maybe that would help. Everything is on auto at the moment.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I also tried to use the USB connection, and I get exactly the same results (local connection only, no internet, when asked to diagnose, it says may be problem with DNS)

Edited by Manni01
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Manni01

I kept tweaking and it seems to be working again... I have no idea what has changed. I thought for a while it was the eset service (my firewall on the TZ), as it started working again when I disabled it in the network connections properties, but then when I enabled it again it kept working, so no idea what broke it, no idea what fixed it...

I feel like I'm talking to myself, but anyway it's solved now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.