Diamond vs touch pro

Guest twizzle

Guest twizzle

OK so the diamonds now out on orange, and looks cool. But i've seen the Touch pro with a keyboard (have i got the right one?? looks like diamond but with a slide out keyboard) online in reviews.

Now is this just a diamond with keyboard or is it different? And is it better than teh diamond apart from the keyboard??

I have a Tytn and am due an upgrade, but would like to stick to a phone with a qwerty keyboard, but like the look of the Diamond.

And finally, one review i saw says the Touch Pro is due late summer, so any ideas on dates??? or should i just go for the Diamond now?

I'm going to Norwich tomorrow so will look at a display model if they have one.

Guest jimbouk

The HTC Raphael is very similar to the diamond other than a) qwerty keyboard - and thus its not as slim - and :D it has a micro-sd slot - instead of built in 4gb storage.

Pre-order pricing hints at it being £150 to £200 more than the Diamond.

it also has more memory and more memory for apps. I did notice a flash on the back in the photo's so this could be good....

i have the diamond and am loving the VGA screen and size but i think i will be changing to the Pro sometime soon after its launch

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IKWeb

I know this is an old post, but does anyone know if this will be out this year, and if so which network ? I am on Orange, I had a chat with them today and all they could say is its notg on there system yet, but they have the diamond, but I dont want that one :-( lol

Any info you can give would be very welcome :-)

TIA

IKWeb

Guest Chocolicious

It is due out the end of Summer so you would be looking at August/September.

There was a rumour that Expansys were spouting a August 4th launch meaning the networks would be getting a month later and considering in Germany T-Mobile announced they would be carrying the Touch Pro as the MDA Vario IV a month after announcing the MDA Compact IV, we should know more in August.

I know this is an old post, but does anyone know if this will be out this year, and if so which network ? I am on Orange, I had a chat with them today and all they could say is its notg on there system yet, but they have the diamond, but I dont want that one :-( lol

Any info you can give would be very welcome :-)

TIA

IKWeb

You can read more about the release date here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-ge...o-release-date/

Guest akarno

I have noticed an apparent difference between the GPS on the Diamond and Touch Pro.

Some reviews say Touch Pro has full GPS, such as:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/1351/htc-touch-pro

Where as this review says it does not have full GPS:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/news/show/...he-raphael.html

If you go to the HTC web site, the information differs between the Diamond and Touch Pro. In the specification for the Diamond it says:

GPS and A-GPS ready

Where as, for the Touch Pro it says:

Internal GPS antenna

Although under Device Tour is does say:

Integrated GPS to be used with map software for a full turn-by-turn navigation experience.

Does anyone know anthing more definative?

Guest yrreP

We've got a Pro at work that I have been lucky enough to play with a little... only major downside I would say is that the keyboard adds quite a bit of weight to the device - it certainly aint light!