How long are you getting out of your battery!

Guest highlorddave

Guest highlorddave

hi all,

just curious how much battery life your all getting from your diamond, at the moment mine is only lasting 18 hours or so. Im hoping this will improve after the battery has had a few more charges.

any tips on improving battery life?

i have the phone forced to GSM when i dont need the data connection and have enabled all the power saving features in advanced config.

i went to burghley house yesterday, so had about an hour of tomtom, about 80 pics, 30 mins of calls and a few texts. By late evening the phone was giving me the low batt warning.

Yesterday was my first day of "normal usage"

I took it off charge yesterday morning at 9am. Used google maps with GPS for 5 mins. Made a few phone calls and sent a couple of texts. Browsed the web for ten minutes too.

It's still going off that charge. It has been plugged into the PC for half an hour this morning but the screen was on and I've done four soft resets.Batti says 72% remains, but when I woke up this morning it was at 51%

If it stays like this I'll probably not bother with the extended battery

Guest jimbouk

Day one it ran flat in about six hours... but of course that involved a lot of playing with it.

Overnight recharge

Day two it had about 40% left by 9pm.

Am now on day three and I reckon I will get about 16 hours with normal usage.

Guest Monolithix

Sounds about right. On HSDPA with average use, push email, 30-60 mins of calls, the odd 5 or 10 mins of browsing or palringo I'll get 12-16 hours. If I switch off HSDPA this can be teased out to 24-36 hours (with minimum usage).

Same as my Kaiser and Hermes and Atom Life and Atom V and basically every other 3G WinMo device!

My battery has been going for over 48 hours now and still has 19% left. I even did half an hour of browsing last night followed by playing Teeter and solitaire for another half hour.

I'm going to charge it now though as I graduate today and as a computer science grad it's my job to show off the Diamond :D

Guest spacemonkey

I'm looking at a little over 2 days if I just use it as a phone with light browsing and no push email. I have done the "advanced config" thing from XDA developers and switched on the extra power save items.

If I use GPS then it's more like 2-3 hours of sat nav :-( but I can always plug it into the cigarette lighter in the car. So does push email really consume that much power? Ie, halving battery life (roughly)

Guest FlangeArtist
hi all,

just curious how much battery life your all getting from your diamond, at the moment mine is only lasting 18 hours or so. Im hoping this will improve after the battery has had a few more charges.

any tips on improving battery life?

i have the phone forced to GSM when i dont need the data connection and have enabled all the power saving features in advanced config.

i went to burghley house yesterday, so had about an hour of tomtom, about 80 pics, 30 mins of calls and a few texts. By late evening the phone was giving me the low batt warning.

3+ days (not really tried to run it out), just this weekend. Last charged it on Friday 17:00, still had 40% charge on monday 09:00 morning!

didn't use it much over the weekend though. A few calls, SMS, Web Browsing, Soduku/Solitaire, etc. I don't have Push email set-up, to improve battery I have it on a 30min schedule. More than enough for me (don't want it to be link a crack-berry!!! :-\)

Guest FlangeArtist
3+ days (not really tried to run it out), just this weekend. Last charged it on Friday 17:00, still had 40% charge on monday 09:00 morning!

didn't use it much over the weekend though. A few calls, SMS, Web Browsing, Soduku/Solitaire, etc. I don't have Push email set-up, to improve battery I have it on a 30min schedule. More than enough for me (don't want it to be link a crack-berry!!! :-\)

Should point out that I have also done loads of registry tweaks/hacks, etc. And am a good boy and lock and turn the back-light off when not in use.