Poor response from Kaiser Keyboard

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill

Has anyone else had this really enfurating experience with their kaiser in that when they are typing out a text or an email, that the level of responsiveness from the Kaiser is so poor that it will quite often miss the spaces you add in and put them in the wrong place. For instance if I were to type "hello world how the devil are you" on my Kaiser it would probably come out like this:

"hellow orld ow the devilar ey ou"

Its so annoying that a device of its quality cannot keep up with my keypresses. :D

So apart from it happening to anyone else does anyone know of a cure for this pain in the derriere?

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

Does this mean then that this could be classed as a fault with it? If so perhaps I could send it back and ask for a diamond? ;-)

Guest jimbouk

Change the auto completion settings...

If you drop it to suggesting 2 words after you have entered say 3 letters, it will stop checking the t9 dictionary for the first few letters and will become a lot more uable.

Start, settings, input, word completion tab.

Guest deadphill
Change the auto completion settings...

If you drop it to suggesting 2 words after you have entered say 3 letters, it will stop checking the t9 dictionary for the first few letters and will become a lot more uable.

Start, settings, input, word completion tab.

Could this be the answer to my dreams? If so I will report back! :D

If this is the case how come this setting isnt set as standard? Esp as I am using a "cooked Rom"! I would have thought they might have ironed it out. If this does seem like it has worked I may go over to xda and suggest it!

Cheers jimbouk

Phill

Guest deadphill

Ok tried that. It actually wasn't activated so hasn't helped.

However I have taken off auto-correct to see if that makes a difference. Bit annoying I have to disable it but I will do anything to be able to type a proper text/email!

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

Its better but its not solved completely. I'm wondering if there is anything else I could try. I quite liked running auto correct. It seems stupid I cant run certain items on the phone because of lag.

Cheers

Phill

Guest andrewkeith5

i never had this issue until i upgraded until 6.1, but now it is just so unbelievably annoying. the spacebar seems to be delayed in its sresponse such that the first letter of each word appears at the end of the word before it, which is unbelievably infuriating. word completion is off completely.

for example, if i type "this is very infuriating", the keyboard will seemingly input "thisi sv eryi nfuriating"

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

I too did not have this problem until 6.1. However, I had pleanty of other issues before 6.1 that I don't have now.

I'm currently using the L26 diamond rom over at xda, and it's pretty fast. It has it's faults too so really if it's not one problem it's another with the Kaiser.

Guest deadphill

Maybe there is some magic cure out there that we are not aware of.

If everyone that has a problem like this with their kaiser speaks up hopefully we can get a scale of the problem.

I for one am fed up with it. To be honest I cant wait for the release of the Vario 4. If its anything like the MDA C4 (that is now for the missus :D ) then the speed will be astronomical compared to this.

Cheers

Phill

Guest Chacu

Vario IV will also be my next phone. I'm hope it will "tilt" cause I love that feature on my kaiser (Vario III).

BTW, I have that lag also. I just always thought it was my phone since it's a german OS and I do everything in english.

Chacu

Guest chucky.egg

I have a lag when typing double letters (as in "hello", "soon" etc resulting in "helo", "son")

I'm sure I read that there was a reg tweak or something to adjust the double letter delay time - that might help you too?

Guest Starscreamer

My keyboard has gradually gotten worse since November when I got my Vario III. The T key is especially bad. I think it's a dust built.

As I'm on an 18 month contract I'm considering buying a whole new fascia and keyboard kit from ebay for £40 and a new screen for £20 and getting it back into tip top condition. Lots of money but I failed to find a screen cover I liked before scratching the screen, now it's pointless. I had a similar issue on my old iPaq HX4700. Could never settle on a screen protector until too late. Some of them are so crap!

Anyway back to the keyboard.... I think in some handsets its dust build up. Never had time to 'reverse engineer' my Vario III yet so will report back if I successfully clean that bad boy out!

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

yeah I get the missing double letter, but only when I type fast or normal speed. If I type slow it's fine. But seriously if I wanted to type slow I would use the Stylus.

Guest deadphill

Hmm.

I guess I will try a can of air on this and see if that makes any difference.

One thing I did notice yesterday was that when I was using my mobiler and typing a text on the pc, it was doing exactly the same thing, which leads me to believe that this might not be a keyboard issue but something to do with the responsiveness of the device.

I might see if there is anything posted over at XDA devs and report back.

Cheers

Phill

Guest andrewkeith5

Its definately the device responsiveness.

I was forced by a slightly gone-wrong installation of tomtom to do a hard reset on my kaiser a couple of days ago and now have absoluely no problems with the keyboard at all.

I ='ve reason to believe that the unresonsiveness is due to the level of RAM filled - for example, in a text conversation when there is a large number of texts the keybaord is unresponsive, whereas in a new conversation it is much better.

I think the unresponsiveness is just a symptom of a device in need of being "cleared-down" and hard reset to clear out the "gunk" from the memory.

Guest dkindred
Its definately the device responsiveness.

I was forced by a slightly gone-wrong installation of tomtom to do a hard reset on my kaiser a couple of days ago and now have absoluely no problems with the keyboard at all.

I ='ve reason to believe that the unresonsiveness is due to the level of RAM filled - for example, in a text conversation when there is a large number of texts the keybaord is unresponsive, whereas in a new conversation it is much better.

I think the unresponsiveness is just a symptom of a device in need of being "cleared-down" and hard reset to clear out the "gunk" from the memory.

Well, i just logged onto report that i attempted to change every setting possible and nothing influenced the keyboard input. Sick of the whole thing i just reflashed with a different rom, and guess what, problem solved! But reading your post andrewkeith5 maybe i didnt need to! :D

Guest andrewkeith5

lol...reflashing a different rom is basically the same as a hard reset (all a hard reset does is basically re-install the rom you had and rid the internal memory of everything else)

which rom did you flash to? if you haven't got too far through re-customising it, i highly reccoment the latest TLR rom (based on the official htc 6.1 build) - support for it seems to have diminished, but its an excellent rom all the same

Guest dkindred
lol...reflashing a different rom is basically the same as a hard reset (all a hard reset does is basically re-install the rom you had and rid the internal memory of everything else)

which rom did you flash to? if you haven't got too far through re-customising it, i highly reccoment the latest TLR rom (based on the official htc 6.1 build) - support for it seems to have diminished, but its an excellent rom all the same

i flashed to the l26 rom -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403214

i'm not mad on it so i'm ready to reflash, perhaps i'll have a look for this tlr rom u speak of :D

Guest andrewkeith5

I've not really looked into the different ROMs too much as I'm perfectly happy with TLR's (you can find it at http://www.modaco.com/content/htc-kaiser-k...ed-cf-3-5-more/ )

IMO the best thing about the TLR rom is that it is as close to htc's as possible, and only adds actually useful things like built-in AppToDate support.

Did you notice any big improvement in the responsiveness of the keyboard with the new ROM out of interest? It might be interesting to see which ROM recipes are best for just typing quickly as opposed to how many unnecessary features they have.

Guest deadphill

Just had a thought.

Has anyone noticed that the lag comes in when they have a few items in their sms/mailbox? I am wondering if a hard reset is needed at all and if it is linked to a full box.

Im thinking that this could be linked to a lack of available system resource, ie amount of memory etc. Another thing to consider is if the mailbox is held on the phone or on an external storage card?

Cheers

Phill