Opera 9.5 Beta delayed

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill
operao.png
We've been waiting a while, but the pending release of Opera 9.5 mobile browser beta has been delayed for a couple of days while they sort out "a couple of show stopping bugs".

Originally penned for release today July 15th it has now been put back to the 17th.

From Opera Mobile's blog page:

Some things in life don't go according to plan -- at least not in software development. We knew when we announced a release date before we finished development that a showstopper bug might be found that could alter the actual date we release the beta.

As you can imagine, we encountered a few bugs last week that we needed to fix before we launch. Our engineering team worked through the weekend to fix the bugs. Even though our release is a beta, we'd rather spend the extra time to fix them, thus giving you a better experience. The fixes are almost complete now, but we need two more days to run the build through our quality assurance testing. The new launch date is now set for the 17th.

We're disappointed to delay, but fixing these bugs will improve the experience with our beta and let you fully test the browser.

Ive been waiting a while for a proper version of this to come out for my Kaiser, so I am more than happy to wait a couple of days extra to have a beta version that has less bugs in it!

Stay tuned, as I am sure when it is released it will be a hot topic of discussion here!

Cheers

Phill

[Via: jkontherun.com]

Guest FlangeArtist

Given that there is a delay due to bugs and flaws, how does this affect users with Opera 9.5 installed already (I.e. The HTC Touch Diamond)? Any know if this is making our browser vulnerable?

I feel much safer using email and the Web on my mobile (as there is a much lower chance of getting into trouble), but then they say something like this...I might have to go back to using PIE!

Guest deadphill

Lol I think that they are having the troubles with different models of phone that have WM, so they are trying to make it as cross platform as they can.

I believe that Opera for the Diamond was made with it specifically in mind, so therefore any troubles were ironed out.

Besides which I am sure that there will be updates along the way!

Cheers

Phill

Guest FlangeArtist
I believe that Opera for the Diamond was made with it specifically in mind, so therefore any troubles were ironed out.

What's the guarantee from Opera that that's the case...Perhaps we (as Diamond owners) should find out, especially if it's a 'core' problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.