couple of issues - sound and data signal

Guest mintfresh

Guest mintfresh

sorry for the third post!

ive had a couple of issues to share and am looking for any advice.

1 - an annoying sound issue. when i come to play music via the touch flo music player, via the headphones, the sound is very tinny and sounds distant. the fix ive found is to turn off the audio booster then adjust the volume. this seems to jog it back to normal.

2 - data connection. im on orange and my phone seems to prefer to connect at gprs rather than any faster connections. is there a way to force 3G or faster connections? I know the connection is possible because the H and 3G appear on and off.

Posting from my diamond, i miss my vario keyboard!

Guest Confucious

It will connect at the fastest possible speed. If 3G or HSDPA are available it will use them. The reason the H and 3G appear on and off is because it cannot get a good enough signal.

Guest tjosan
sorry for the third post!

ive had a couple of issues to share and am looking for any advice.

1 - an annoying sound issue. when i come to play music via the touch flo music player, via the headphones, the sound is very tinny and sounds distant. the fix ive found is to turn off the audio booster then adjust the volume. this seems to jog it back to normal.

Posting from my diamond, i miss my vario keyboard!

It's the audio booster which is the bad guy. I haven't seen any fix yet.

Guest Neil5459
It will connect at the fastest possible speed. If 3G or HSDPA are available it will use them. The reason the H and 3G appear on and off is because it cannot get a good enough signal.

+ to that :D In fact the Diamond has the best reception I've yet seen on an HTC Device and is now better than my Nokia or Samsung 'normal' phones.

Orange are getting better withb their 3G coverage, but it is extremely variable. Rest assured that a strong GSM signal will actually give you faster throughput than a weak 3G signal.