CoPilot 7 Activation on Compact IV

Guest Chocolicious

Guest Chocolicious

I have this app installed on my Compact IV but I have never used it before and thought let me try out but I do not know how to activate it!

Do I have to purchase the product key or is there one somewhere within the packaging, or do I have to call up T-Mobile to get it?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kopfjagerstu
I have this app installed on my Compact IV but I have never used it before and thought let me try out but I do not know how to activate it!

Do I have to purchase the product key or is there one somewhere within the packaging, or do I have to call up T-Mobile to get it?

www.copilotlive.co.uk/t-mobile and purchase the product key £42

Guest aztechnology
www.copilotlive.co.uk/t-mobile and purchase the product key £42

Couple of questions,

Digging around on ALK's site, there seems to be a couple of versions of 7. There seems to be one quoted expsecially for the HTC Diamond, then a generic Win Mob version. Anyone know if there is a difference between these tw versions, and indeed the version preinstalled on the compact iv?

Also, If i choose to activate the bundled version, do I get access to an installable version, as If I flash a new ROM later, I would still like to have the Software.

Guest Kallisti

Mind you, unless you're a fan of out of date maps and useless POI databases, I'd go for Tomtom - Copilot really showed me how useless it was when I bought the US maps and went there only to discover that it's very out of date and apparently will get updated when CoPilot 8 gets released.

Oh, and the software you need to run to update it won't run on 64 bit operating systems. They claim to be aware, but don't appear to be fixing anything. And the traffic system is almost completely useless due to implementation (the junction on which you're coming off the motorway has had an accident, don't worry - you'll be coming off then, it won't affect you), and partially due to really incomplete data.

Edited by Kallisti

Guest tmohammad

I had a MDA C III with CP6 on it.

I now have a MDA C IV with a trial version of CP7.

Just a quick query, If I uninstall CP7 and CP6 from my new and old phones respectively, can I reistall the CP6 software on the C IV? If so will it run VGA or in QVGA mode?

I paid £70 quid for CP6 18 months ago and probably only used it a dozen times! Hence I dont want to make the same mistake again. Failing that does anyone know of any Freeware?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Confucious

CP 6 works fine in VGA and, if you de-activate it on your C III you shouldn't have a problem re-activating it on your C IV

But CP7 is sooo much better than CP6 was....