Operator Logo

Guest devil270975

Guest devil270975

Hi, Me again, i've searched everywhere to find a solution to changing the operator logo, allthough there are many suggestions regarding registry changes, none seem to work, there must be a way surely???? my operator code is "23420" 3 UK (i think.. is there any way of checking???) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee...

Edited by devil270975

Guest andrewkeith5

what do you mean by operator logo? as far as i can remember about my vario iii, there was no operator logo on the software, only on the front of the casing. as far as I can remember, the only real mention o fhte operator in branded devices (except orange, obviously) is the operator name on the main screen and any applications that the operator adds to the phoen.

Guest andrewkeith5

Thats the operator name when you have a signal....it tells you which network it is connected to or the status of network searches.

You'll find such a feature on every phone there is...but as far as I know, there is no way to change it on htc home

Guest hotphil

I seem to remember you can edit it in the registry, but every time you reboot (or go in/out of coverage) it'll revert. Could be wrong though, not something I've looked into too much.

Guest scudo
I seem to remember you can edit it in the registry, but every time you reboot (or go in/out of coverage) it'll revert. Could be wrong though, not something I've looked into too much.

I did it on my old WM5 smartphone (SPV C600) and it worked like a charm.

but I've tried on my TytnII, no success. the key remains on soft reset, but the carrier logo never change

you have to edit registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RIL\OperatorNames

create text value CarrierID=name

example :

20801=Orange F

(list available at http://www.simplewire.com/developers/knowl...rence/coverage/ and see columns MCC + MNC)