SMS Notification Not appearing on 6.1

Guest Sonicr360

Guest Sonicr360

Hello 2nd post of the day.

SMS after the 6.1 upgrade is not behaving as I would have liked.

Previously, when you sent an SMS, you got a pop-up advising you that the "message was sent".

Now, with 6.1, you get jack all :D I also realised that alot of my SMS messages were not being sent to the sender.

Even worse, when people did sent test SMS messages to my phone, they would get a message indicating it could not be delivered or delivery failed, yet the WM6.1 device got the sms message!

Very odd!

I have enabled DELIVERY RECEIPT for all SMS messages, and that works,.... but its annoying that I cannot mark it as unread :D

Is this a feature?

Guest hotphil

I think you can enable/disable the message sent dialog in the registry - check in the Wiki for the instructiosn. TBH, i don't see the point in this message anyway, it only means the message has got to the networks, it doesn't mean it's been received - delivery receipts are more useful.

Guest jimbouk

You can set that behaviour with any of the advanced config cabs or with a registry tweak.

As above though, if you dont get a notification, then it means it has been sent.

99.9999999% of Winmo users switch notifications off as its the most annoying thing.

Guest Sonicr360
I think you can enable/disable the message sent dialog in the registry - check in the Wiki for the instructiosn. TBH, i don't see the point in this message anyway, it only means the message has got to the networks, it doesn't mean it's been received - delivery receipts are more useful.

Wiki?? Sorry for being ignorant! Not sure what you mean.

Delivery are useful, but you cannot select them and mark as unread. You have to go into the mesage to stop it being highlighted as a new message.

Guest Sonicr360
You can set that behaviour with any of the advanced config cabs or with a registry tweak.

As above though, if you dont get a notification, then it means it has been sent.

99.9999999% of Winmo users switch notifications off as its the most annoying thing.

.1% disagrees :D I have to admit I liked it. It worked for me :D

Guest hotphil
Wiki?? Sorry for being ignorant! Not sure what you mean.

Delivery are useful, but you cannot select them and mark as unread. You have to go into the mesage to stop it being highlighted as a new message.

From the Important Topics section in this forum there's a link to the Kaiser Wiki.