HTC Touch Diamond gets GSM 850MHz with a custom ROM update

Guest beckett1

Better signal AND bettery battery life?

/skeptism

Other than that, it sounds mighty good! Not that I'm going to be visiting North America anytime soon

Guest Confucious

I learned a long time ago that being sceptical of the devs there is not worth it (and I am sceptical of just about everything) - if they make claims that aren't true they soon get ripped to shreds. If they last it is because they are good. Very good.

Just my opinion.

Guest Skilty
I learned a long time ago that being sceptical of the devs there is not worth it (and I am sceptical of just about everything) - if they make claims that aren't true they soon get ripped to shreds. If they last it is because they are good. Very good.

Just my opinion.

Ditto - if you don't know what you're doing, you soon get flamed on XDA-devs! - some seriously knowledgeable people on that site and I don't think i'd ever have got the most from my PDA's if it was'nt for them!

Guest mintfresh

Anyone updated to this? Is it recommend if I'm in the UK?(maybe a stupid question!)

I fancy using it if it really improves signal and battery life. I have a annoying signal issue at work where my phone never manages to stay on any one type of data connection for long.

Guest Rapier
Anyone updated to this? Is it recommend if I'm in the UK?(maybe a stupid question!)

I fancy using it if it really improves signal and battery life. I have a annoying signal issue at work where my phone never manages to stay on any one type of data connection for long.

I did it. I was using radio 1.00.25.03 and moved to 1.00.25.05. There are some improvements in the audio quality during the call, the signal is better and I have a good data (HSDPA, 3G, etc) connection. I cannot confirm anything for UK since I live in a different country. For the battery life...is difficult to say. I keep the phone most of the time either connected with the USB cable or the car charger so it is fully charged almost all the time. If WI-FI is used, it'll drain the battery fast, but if you disable 3G (when not needed), WI-FI, Beam support and set short display timeout (10 sec to dim, 40 sec for sleep), it will be much better. Also GPS is power hungry so I use it mostly when connected to car charger.