Hi all quick question

Guest xero01uk

Guest xero01uk

Hello all, im new here and im hoping this is a friendly place for a n00b to ask some questions

ive got a HTC tytn II which was locked to '3 UK' but ive now unlocked it and its running on Orange, atm im downloading the 6.1 update rom, and before i install i want to make sure it will work ok with my phone how it is at the moment, i know it will format my handset to ive made a backup of my contacts and all, at the moment my rom version is 1.56.405.5 will this be enough to update to 6.1?. also whats this 'radio' thing ive seen being mentioned around various sites?

sorry for the questions, but i wanna make sure i get this flash right, when ive downloaded it, what do i do next? thanks

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Hi and Welcome.

HTC Tytn II nice phone.

Ok, so you have sim unlocked it, and able to use different networks thats fine. There are many different 6.1 ROM's which you can run ... the simplest one I have found is TLR's ROM within this forum.

TLR's rom includes both the ROM and the RADIO. To explain, the ROM is the software or operating system which runs the phone, and the radio is in its simplest term, the software which powers the phone's connection to the telephone network and allows you to make calls, and gprs/3g etc.

My main advice for anyone wanting to flash the ROM on their handset would be:

1) Use TLR's rom initially since it includes both the ROM and the RADIO, so saves hassle.

2) You will need to install HardSPL ... look at XDA Developers forum.

3) I can't find the post at the moment, but on XDA Developers there is a post all about flashing the TyTN II, using HardSPL .... read it several times. Then when you think you know how to do it ... read it again!

4) Point 3, seems over the top, but it will prevent you having a paperweight that looks like a phone :D