SOLVED!!!!! bypassing a forced device lock

Guest notaliberal

Guest notaliberal

My work recently forced a device lock on my shadow once I started syncing with the exchange server. I'm not at all worried about losing my job or any other reprecussions, as I don't have any really sensitive data to be found.

So, has anybody figured out how to "undo" the device lock option via the registry? You know, the one that forced you to enter a password (simple or complex) any time you open your keypad? It can be really annoying when your'e on the phone and need to open it to look at something....

Please offer any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Edited by notaliberal

Guest awarner (MVP)

Not sure on your question but I could not help but to reply about your signature question.

What do you mean an African or European swallow?

Now to go off and watch the film again.....

Guest deadphill

Ha ha! I really thought I was the only one that was sad enough to go and find out what film that was in!

Its been a while since I saw the Holy Grail. My favourite film of all time is the life of Brian, and as anyone who knows me will tell you to their disgust, I can almost quote every word of that film, so I got worried I hadn't forgotten it.

Sad I know. I'm sorry!

Cheers

Phill

(former member of the Popular Peoples front of Judea, now disbanded!)

Guest notaliberal

Even though my question ios not yet answered, at least I enjoyed reading the replies! :D

I've always been torn between the Holy Grail and Life of Brian. I guess they're tied in my mind. The meaning of life pales in comparison, though I do often finding myself offering those who complain of being full "just one thin, little mint"

Jeff

(of the Judean People's front.)

F*** off, we're the People's front of Judea!

(oh, and Blessed are the Cheesemakers!!!!!!!!) :D

Edited by notaliberal

Guest awarner (MVP)
Ha ha! I really thought I was the only one that was sad enough to go and find out what film that was in!

Go and find out what film it was????? Since I was 13 I've been able to vertually quote the film line for line.

And yes I know I'm old and very sad :D

@ notaliberal it's a "waffer thin mint" (spelt as pronounced with the accent) :D

Guest notaliberal

Ah yes, silly me. Waffer thin mint....duh!! :D

Thanks for the link Paul, I'll have a look and see if it helps. I'll let you know if it does.

Thanks!

Guest notaliberal

Thanks Paul!!!!!

I need to use google more often rather than just begging for help.

At first I thought it didn't work, but that was because I never went back into the security setting and un-checked the device lock option. Duh!!

So, now I no longer have to deal with this. A MILLION thanks!!