Fuzzy Screen

Guest bdmoore

Guest bdmoore

Got my Diamond today, and have installed the TLR3 ROM. Have just noticed that the display appears to be slightly 'fuzzy' - if you look up close it looks like a TV picture with slightly bad reception. Anyone else have this?

Guest spacemonkey

You've peeled of the protective plastic it was packaged with I presume?

But seriously, apart from grubby fingerprints, my screen is crisp and very good quality. So it sounds more like a fault.

Guest bdmoore

Hehe, yeah I've peeled off the plastic and I'm not drunk :D

It doesn't appear to be doing it all the time and it's barely noticable, will see if I can spot a pattern - maybe something interfering, somehow. If not then I might be getting a replacement!

Guest Neil5459

It's a known problem with some combinations of Hard SPL and some of the cooked ROMs. Updating to a different SPL version should fix it, but of course involves a full hard reset.

Search 'fuzzy' in the XDA-Devs Diamond ROM update forum.

Guest bdmoore

Hmm didn't see a 1.40 - just the original, 1.37 and 1.93 - developer versions btw, I installed the unsigned TLR3 ROM. 1.37 was the recommended one for the 'fuzziness' - just finishing the hard reset process now anyway, so will so how it goes :D

Guest Confucious
Well the 1.37 SPL seems to have sorted it - I have a nice crisp screen again now :D

Hasn't 1.37 been updated to 1.40 - check your bootscreen!

Guest bdmoore

Strange, I must have been using a different thread. Ahh well it works anyway, not going to force another hard reset just yet :D