Diamond tinny speaker?

Guest twizzle

Guest twizzle

having just got my Diamond from Orange i'd thought i'd add my own mp3 ringtone. I'm using the same one i have on teh TyTn, yet on the Diamond it sounds very "Tinny". The sounds not as crisp or clear as teh Tytn. I put this down to the quality of speaker used by HTC this time around. But does anyone else agree with me? Does anyone think the sound on this sounds "weak"?

Guest Kushmir

The speaker on the TyTnII is far superior to the Diamond. I used to use speakerphone on the TyTn, but it is too poor to use on the Diamond, when it is loud enough to hear it is too distorted. Best sound from the Diamond is using the headset.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AntzDj

It is rubbish, i watch a lot of films on my phones, this is the only handset i have ever had to use the head set in order to hear anything, even music. It is so poor!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest quark1980
having just got my Diamond from Orange i'd thought i'd add my own mp3 ringtone. I'm using the same one i have on teh TyTn, yet on the Diamond it sounds very "Tinny". The sounds not as crisp or clear as teh Tytn. I put this down to the quality of speaker used by HTC this time around. But does anyone else agree with me? Does anyone think the sound on this sounds "weak"?

i also metioned this "problem", but i have discovered a way to slightly improve the sound expierence.

most off all it has nothing to do with software.. :D

if you play a song or anything else with audio. just place youre finger on top of the speaker grille...

you should notice a big difference in "the sound".

i geuss the casing with finger placed, act a bit as a resonance box , improving the playback of the middle and lower tones...

maybe placing some masking tape on top off the grille also helps... didnt try that one out... dont want a mac-gyvver phone :D