Micro SD Card Dying?

Guest rebecker

Guest rebecker

I've recently started having files disappear from my 4GB Micro SD card, including whole directories. Other than replacing the card, any suggestions???

Thanks.

-Bob-

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I've recently started having files disappear from my 4GB Micro SD card, including whole directories. Other than replacing the card, any suggestions???

Thanks.

-Bob-

Clean the contacts on the card and the phone with some alcohol, and try panasonic's SD card reformatter.

Windoze does not format cards to SD spec.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html

"Generally, SD/SDHC Memory Card file systems formatted with generic operating system formatting software do not comply with the SD Memory Card specification. "

( And yes, it works on ALL SD cards)

M.S

Guest rebecker
Clean the contacts on the card and the phone with some alcohol, and try panasonic's SD card reformatter.

Windoze does not format cards to SD spec.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html

"Generally, SD/SDHC Memory Card file systems formatted with generic operating system formatting software do not comply with the SD Memory Card specification. "

( And yes, it works on ALL SD cards)

M.S

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Mysteriously, the SAME folder has disappeared TWICE, forcing me to reinstall the same piece of software twice! So far, I haven't found any other data to be missing. Weird!

-Bob-

Guest rebecker
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Mysteriously, the SAME folder has disappeared TWICE, forcing me to reinstall the same piece of software twice! So far, I haven't found any other data to be missing. Weird!

-Bob-

I now suspect that it's not an SD card problem afterall, but a software issue with Touch Commander! The only folder that disappeared (now 3 times!) has been the Touch Commander folder. I reinstalled the software to the main memory and discovered that even though my user name and password showed in the registration dialog, I had to redo the registration procedure before the new install would allow changes. Could it be possible that the designers of Touch Commander programmed in some sort of auto-destruct if the registration didn't take???? A nasty little time-consumer for the user; a 'Not registered" message would be much better. :D

Anyone else using TC and seeing this issue?

-Bob-