Tilt Sensor, what is it used for? (Other than Teeter)

Guest SSR

Hi folks,

Pretty much as per the subject, what is the Diamond's tilt sensor used for, other than Teeter?

It doesn't appear to affect the TouchFLO home screen at least.

Thanks

Guest spacerace

It rotates the screen in Opera and the Image browser, but that's all natively I believe. You can download a tweak that will auto rotate the screen in pretty much every app. except TF3D

Guest Kushmir

I tried the GSen software on my Diamond, but had to uninstall it as it made the Start Menu and Quick Menu icons disappear. I find the accelerometer a bit hit and miss - sometimes rotates when you're not wanting it to happen and sometimes doesn't when you do!

Guest spacerace

yes, I didn't really get on with it. there was a significant delay in the rotation from when turning the device sometimes. meant you started typing a message and then suddenly the rotation and keyboard would switch on you! think this is a diamond issue not the software though.

Guest spacerace

this wasn't a delay issue as sometimes the rotation would be instant, and other times there would just be a huge lag, it would just depend on what you were doing at the time...

Guest vii_voo
my sensor's calibration is dodgy. when i lay it flat on a table the ball still moves around in teeter.

My calibration isn't level either.

Guest cactuz

I've tried the GSensorCalibrator and mine is still off, the calibration screen shows how it's aligning (maybe just some fancy gfx?), and then when done one of the axis still shows as being off on the calibration-screen (and in Teeter as well, the ball rolls down towards the hard-keys/bottom of screen).

Guest Espensodal
I've tried the GSensorCalibrator and mine is still off, the calibration screen shows how it's aligning (maybe just some fancy gfx?), and then when done one of the axis still shows as being off on the calibration-screen (and in Teeter as well, the ball rolls down towards the hard-keys/bottom of screen).

Have anyone checked that the phone itself is actually flat on the table? i would think probably not since it got the "diamond" backside, but then again, im waiting for my replacement phone so i cant check it.

Guest aztechnology

Is your table calibrated :D

Guest Espensodal
Is your table calibrated :D

good point XD

many tables isnt really perfectly flat either, theres alot of possible reasons that could cause this, not only the phone itself.