Anyone got Google Maps (native) to work over wifi?

Guest Dark Horse

Guest Dark Horse

Has anyone got the native Windows Smartphone version of Google Maps to work over wifi on their i600? On my handset, I connect to Wifi and then launch Google Maps 2.1.0.10 but after loading about 2Kb of data, it shows "Error wininitReadError [0]" and says I have no data connection.

Haven't tried the Java version of Google Maps but Windows Live Search works just fine over Wifi which is great, was just wondering if this is a known issue with Google Maps.

Guest Dark Horse
Has anyone got the native Windows Smartphone version of Google Maps to work over wifi on their i600? On my handset, I connect to Wifi and then launch Google Maps 2.1.0.10 but after loading about 2Kb of data, it shows "Error wininitReadError [0]" and says I have no data connection.

Haven't tried the Java version of Google Maps but Windows Live Search works just fine over Wifi which is great, was just wondering if this is a known issue with Google Maps.

Ok, have just downloaded and installed v2.2.0.16 and it works fine over Wifi although the My Location fuctionality isn't supported either over Wifi or GPRS (tested without GPS).