Brazil already have the Blackjack 2 WM 6.1!!!

Guest cvilhena

Guest cvilhena

Lucky brasilians...

My friend just showed me his new i617 (bj2) unbranded that he bought 2 weeks ago.

For my surprise it was runing out of the box WM 6.1!!!

Come on ATT were is our WM6.1 we've been waiting for?????

Guest Mysterious Caveman
Lucky brasilians...

My friend just showed me his new i617 (bj2) unbranded that he bought 2 weeks ago.

what service provider? maybe they have a website to update from

Guest who4096

Samsung's Brazilian website lists the BJII as Wm 6.1. Tried to look at at verious brazilian cell providers websites but I can't read portuguese and babel fish did a lousy job of translating.

Here is a LINK to samsung's bazilian site.

Edited by who4096

Guest napalmtrees
Samsung's Brazilian website lists the BJII as Wm 6.1. Tried to look at at verious brazilian cell providers websites but I can't read portuguese and babel fish did a lousy job of translating.

I don't see the DL link in the driver download central. When did they start selling the BJII in Brazil? Because if it was fairly recent, they may not have an update download because the phones already all have it (not to mention Samsung states they don't issue firmware upgrades as a policy.)

Edited by napalmtrees

Guest cvilhena
I don't see the DL link in the driver download central. When did they start selling the BJII in Brazil? Because if it was fairly recent, they may not have an update download because the phones already all have it (not to mention Samsung states they don't issue firmware upgrades as a policy.)

Many brazilian carriers are carring it.

There is also and unlocked version being sold on online stores.

Guest napalmtrees
Many brazilian carriers are carring it.

There is also and unlocked version being sold on online stores.

That didn't answer my question at all. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ryahia
Lucky brasilians...

Why dont you get your friend to use TXCaesar's program and grab the 6.1 rom so we can all put it on our phones? Its free, fast, and easy and wont hurt your friend's phone.

http://mobile.txcaesar.net/mobile/index.php

Guest jdimer
Lucky brasilians...

That's true. I'm posting a picture of my BlackJack II running WM 6.1 standard. However, the rom is Portuguese only. It came free in 1 year contract with my carrier, Claro.

post-421439-1220100040_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Glauco.S

Well, I'm Brazilian and I bought a BlackJack II last week. And I'm VERY nervous!!!

I trusted Samsung. They announce here BJ comes with WM 6.1. OK, great! I bought one. But what do I really have here? Version 6!!!

Samsung tells everybody about THE GREAT BJ II wich (oh God!) already comes with 6.1. Samsung site in Brazil shows 6.1. So WHERE is my 6.1?!?!

I'm in a big fight with the store that sold the device and with Samsung. Samsung support is poor, it's difficult to talk to them. I tried to explain the problem yesterday. They want me to wait for about 3 days for a reply... Wait! My God! The fact is that I WANT A DEVICE WITH 6.1!!! THEY'LL HAVE TO SUBSTITUTE MY DEVICE, BECAUSE THEY DO *NOT* OFFER ANYTHING HERE ABOUT UPGRADE TO 6.1. I'm sad to say Samsung is not making a good and honest work with me.

Edited by Glauco.S

Guest rafael BR
Well, I'm Brazilian and I bought a BlackJack II last week. And I'm VERY nervous!!!

I trusted Samsung. They announce here BJ comes with WM 6.1. OK, great! I bought one. But what do I really have here? Version 6!!!

Samsung tells everybody about THE GREAT BJ II wich (oh God!) already comes with 6.1. Samsung site in Brazil shows 6.1. So WHERE is my 6.1?!?!

I'm in a big fight with the store that sold the device and with Samsung. Samsung support is poor, it's difficult to talk to them. I tried to explain the problem yesterday. They want me to wait for about 3 days for a reply... Wait! My God! The fact is that I WANT A DEVICE WITH 6.1!!! THEY'LL HAVE TO SUBSTITUTE MY DEVICE, BECAUSE THEY DO *NOT* OFFER ANYTHING HERE ABOUT UPGRADE TO 6.1. I'm sad to say Samsung is not making a good and honest work with me.

You should try samsung to change your phone first, but if fails, the rom I got from at&t has brazilian portuguese as one of the installed languages, but you will have the at&t logo on your phone...

Você deveria tentar trocar o telefone com a samsung antes, mas se não conseguir, e quiser o wm6.1, o rom da at&t tem a opção de português brasileiro de lingua. Mas vc vai ficar com aqueles logos horríveis da at&t.

Guest celuppi
You should try samsung to change your phone first, but if fails, the rom I got from at&t has brazilian portuguese as one of the installed languages, but you will have the at&t logo on your phone...

Você deveria tentar trocar o telefone com a samsung antes, mas se não conseguir, e quiser o wm6.1, o rom da at&t tem a opção de português brasileiro de lingua. Mas vc vai ficar com aqueles logos horríveis da at&t.

Os telefones do brasil ( de operadoras) não aceitam a ROM da AT&T acabei de tentar instalar no meu.

On brazilian bjII (branded) not work upgrade from AT&T ROM wm 6.1

Guest Glauco.S

Hey!

Where did you get this rom? What's the URL (address)? I hear it does not work for Brazilian phones, but now you say there's Portuguese language option... What do you think?

Oh, yes: Samsung Brazil does NOT talk to me. Terrible! Very dishonest, untrustworthy!!! They MUST change my phone! I'll sue them if necessary!

Glauco -- Brasília, DF

Guest rafael BR
Hey!

Where did you get this rom? What's the URL (address)? I hear it does not work for Brazilian phones, but now you say there's Portuguese language option... What do you think?

Oh, yes: Samsung Brazil does NOT talk to me. Terrible! Very dishonest, untrustworthy!!! They MUST change my phone! I'll sue them if necessary!

Glauco -- Brasília, DF

My phone is from at&t, but i thought the upgrade would work with the brazilian BJII. The at&t rom has the portuguese language option.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys... sorry ressurrecting the post, but I think that's the most appropriate place to know if somebody have the original WM 6.1 portuguese rom for i617.

I've already tried Samsung's official page, but the "wrong SW version" error appears and I can't finish the proccess....

Thanks and sorry the poor english...