Maximum MicroSD Card Size

Guest devil270975

Guest devil270975

Hi all, does anybody know what the maximum memory card size i can fit into my TyTN II a few places say 8GB but i've read a few sites and it has been mentioned that they had a larger size, is it only the fact that at the moment 8GB is about the biggest realistically but will accept larger when they are more mainstream.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hotphil

8GB definitely works. What usually happens is that manufacturer published material states a device will support up to size X as that's all they can get their hands on to test. As larger sizes come available, they won't guarantee compatability, but they usually work.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I think the maximum size is greater than that currently manufactured.

SD HC is essentially SD version 2.0 where the theoretical maximum size is 32GB. Although it is possible to manufacture SDHC cards up to 2048GB but they don't adhere to the standards.

Bearing in mind the Kaiser uses Micro SD cards, then I think 8GB is currently the largest available. If there are 16GB then they are very new and prohibitively expensive.

Guest bocman
Hi all, does anybody know what the maximum memory card size i can fit into my TyTN II a few places say 8GB but i've read a few sites and it has been mentioned that they had a larger size, is it only the fact that at the moment 8GB is about the biggest realistically but will accept larger when they are more mainstream.

I am at present using a scandisk 8GB card with no problems