Annoying email issue

Guest T39andcounting

Guest T39andcounting

I've got an annoying email problem. Not sure if it's related to the diamond specifically or not, but as that's the most recent change I thought I'd start here. Basically I'm trying to email from my Gmail.com account. The account was set up using the standard settings provided by the Diamond, and receiving works fine. Sending usually works OK, but when I try and send an email a friend's googlemail.com address I get the following message:

"The message(s) could not be send. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."

Is there a way of getting 'better' error messages out of outlook? A log file buried somewhere on the device for example?

I've got an annoying email problem. Not sure if it's related to the diamond specifically or not, but as that's the most recent change I thought I'd start here. Basically I'm trying to email from my Gmail.com account. The account was set up using the standard settings provided by the Diamond, and receiving works fine. Sending usually works OK, but when I try and send an email a friend's googlemail.com address I get the following message:

"The message(s) could not be send. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."

Is there a way of getting 'better' error messages out of outlook? A log file buried somewhere on the device for example?

If it's only happening with this one address, I would try deleting the contact and creating it again. It could be some rogue (and invisible) character in the outlook record that is causing a problem. It sounds like a bad address issue rather than anything to do with mail settings per se.