Can you flip through Music Albums on Touch FLo - Yes or No

Guest hp1

What appears to be one of the real 'ipod beating' features of the Diamond does not actually appear to be that at all . Somewhat naively I expected it to go something like this:

1. I drop folders with an album of MP3 or WMA and album art onto the 'storage card'

2. I scroll to the fancy 3D flipping art thing in the TF3D music player and it 'sees' the albums I have placed onto the internal storage card

3. All of the Album art is there in its glory (much like the iphone appears to do flawlessly) and I can flip through it deftly with my finger until i find the album I want.

4. I press play and enjoy the album of my choice.

So can it be done?

I dont want to flip through 'playlists' or songs on one album, that is of no use.

If it cant be done like this or it can but only by mucking about about with MP3 tags and other software etc then surely this is a major oversight by HTC?

Happy to be proved wrong of course :D

I do it. I like my music shuffled and the diamond lists things in order by title rather than artist so it's an added bonus.

So you are saying you CAN flip through Album by Album using the TF3D interface? If so can you explain how you put your music on the Diamond (ie drag and drop or WMP Synch etc?)

cheers

Guest ljames28

I guess that's a taste of personal preference. People have very different ways they listen to music, some want everything on random, some want a few songs over and over, some just want specific albums, some want specific artists, maybe just 5 star music etc.

Thats what the Library browser is there for. With the actual touchflo scrolling I guess they can make you happy by doing it by album, but then how do you go to the next song in that album? And what about the other people who want to quickly flick through songs in any album?

Guest ResidentSD

I had my HTC Touch Diamond come in the post today, and while I can deal with how TouchFlo 3D deals with music, what I do find odd is that when I select an album from the 'standard' UI that sits behind it, the album tracks are not in track number order (or, in fact, any sort of understandable order) which is just odd.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it? Thanks!

FYI - my music was copied & pasted to the device rather than using Windows Media Player (as I found out from another thread and my own experience that music does not show in TouchFlo 3D if you use the WMP syncing).

I had my HTC Touch Diamond come in the post today, and while I can deal with how TouchFlo 3D deals with music, what I do find odd is that when I select an album from the 'standard' UI that sits behind it, the album tracks are not in track number order (or, in fact, any sort of understandable order) which is just odd.

FYI - my music was copied & pasted to the device rather than using Windows Media Player (as I found out from another thread and my own experience that music does not show in TouchFlo 3D if you use the WMP syncing).

One of my albums is in the wrong order the the others are ok, I can forgive this if I could just get TF3D to flip through albums.... :D

Guest elementalist

It seems the music library functionality sux. The flip interface just lists all tracks alphabetically, which is useless for most people. The more normal library still doesn't play tracks in their proper order.

That in itself smacks of real laziness, but the fact that there is no configuration is inexcusable incompetance. IMHO :D

It seems the music library functionality sux. The flip interface just lists all tracks alphabetically, which is useless for most people. The more normal library still doesn't play tracks in their proper order.

That in itself smacks of real laziness, but the fact that there is no configuration is inexcusable incompetance. IMHO :D

I couldnt agree more. Like my original post was suggesting; this was HTC's chance to really challenge one of the stronger points of the iphone and instead of getting it to 'work', they just made it look pretty with minimal functionality.

Guest the mighty rigadon

Why do people just assume that anything that slightly resembles the iphone's interface is indetended to be a straight copy and work the same way??

Coverflow is a fancy way of selecting an albulm with the main track selecting method being a more tradtional scroll through lists which are sub catogorized by artist etc.If you press on an albulm in coverflow it lists the tracks on the albulm and you pick one of those,. Moving between tracks then has nothing to do with coverflow.

The flcik through bit on the diamond is not coverflow and it does " just list all the tracks alphabetically".

An albulm and any tracks is meant to be selcted using the scolling lists in the library in a farily conventional manner. The flick through is then a way of easily moving between selected tracks.

If he choose to listen to an albulm it will alow you to flick between all the songs on that albulm. If you constuct a playlist it will allow you to flick through the playlost but if you simply select "all tracks" then yes it will allow you to flick between all tracks in alphabetically order.

Coverflow cant and isnt intnended to do what the diamond's flick through can do ,and vice versa. HTC are simply thinking differently to apple.

Edited by the mighty rigadon

On a similar note, and I'm probably being dumb, but how do you play all the tracks from an album? I can't seem to select all the tracks, nor is there a menu function to add all.

Help!

On a similar note, and I'm probably being dumb, but how do you play all the tracks from an album? I can't seem to select all the tracks, nor is there a menu function to add all.

Help!

In the library, if you go to Album mode and select the first track it will start playing and will continue to play through all the tracks. You can change tracks manually by sweeping up or down on the album art or use the arrows at the side of the screen.

Why do people just assume that anything that slightly resembles the iphone's interface is indetended to be a straight copy and work the same way??

Coverflow is a fancy way of selecting an albulm with the main track selecting method being a more tradtional scroll through lists which are sub catogorized by artist etc.If you press on an albulm in coverflow it lists the tracks on the albulm and you pick one of those,. Moving between tracks then has nothing to do with coverflow.

The flcik through bit on the diamond is not coverflow and it does " just list all the tracks alphabetically".

An albulm and any tracks is meant to be selcted using the scolling lists in the library in a farily conventional manner. The flick through is then a way of easily moving between selected tracks.

If he choose to listen to an albulm it will alow you to flick between all the songs on that albulm. If you constuct a playlist it will allow you to flick through the playlost but if you simply select "all tracks" then yes it will allow you to flick between all tracks in alphabetically order.

Coverflow cant and isnt intnended to do what the diamond's flick through can do ,and vice versa. HTC are simply thinking differently to apple.

Ok that seems a fair point but it quite clearly says in the owners manual that you can select albums using the Touch Flo interface.

Anyway, my question has been answered and unless someone manages to choose and play an album using TF3D i'll continue to do it through the library.

In the library, if you go to Album mode and select the first track it will start playing and will continue to play through all the tracks. You can change tracks manually by sweeping up or down on the album art or use the arrows at the side of the screen.

Aaaaah, thanks!

Wondering if you found a fix for this. Oddly enough its the albums I ripped with WMP rather than synced that are showing in teh wrong order.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kallisti

I've tried copying files over manually and copying over using WMP10, and neither show up in touchflo - they do in the library. I guess it's no big loss from the above comments, it'd just be nice to have something there when I went to the music tab of TF3D

• 1 month later...
Guest dcushley
And, unfortunately it seems, to users....

Or differently to you? I quite like it the way it is, lots of people probably do, but you don't see many "I'm completely happy with..." threads.

they could make it customizable though

• 2 weeks later...