Email problem with v1615 WM6.1

Guest shirozina

Guest shirozina

I have an account with my domain host where the send and recieve ( mail.mydomainname and smtp.mydomainname) are my domain name and not the ISP which is good as I can use my outlook from other ISP's with my laptop via wifi and the phone via wifi. However when using GPRS I can't send mail although I receive it OK. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Edited by shirozina

Guest shirozina
I have an account with my domain host where the send and recieve ( mail.mydomainname and smtp.mydomainname) are my domain name and not the ISP which is good as I can use my outlook from other ISP's with my laptop via wifi and the phone via wifi. However when using GPRS I can't send mail although I receive it OK. What is the problem and how can I fix it?
I fixed it but not sure how I reentered every option in the account details and copied this from my laptop and desktop machines but still no go. In frustration I deleted the account off the phone and did a fresh install using the same exact data and it now works.

Guest Webreaper
I fixed it but not sure how I reentered every option in the account details and copied this from my laptop and desktop machines but still no go. In frustration I deleted the account off the phone and did a fresh install using the same exact data and it now works.

I've had that a few times. It's very annoying but appears to have stabilised too.

Are you using Voda? If you're having trouble sending over gprs using an smtp server which isn't send.vodafone.net, occasionally their network rejects it. It's a PITA and documented in my thread elsewhere on this forum.

Edited by Webreaper

Guest shirozina
I've had that a few times. It's very annoying but appears to have stabilised too.

Are you using Voda? If you're having trouble sending over gprs using an smtp server which isn't send.vodafone.net, occasionally their network rejects it. It's a PITA and documented in my thread elsewhere on this forum.

Yes it's Vodafone and I have my own domain name smtp server. It's been working fine since I did the delete and reinstall account.

• 1 month later...
Guest Webreaper

Just to follow up on this thread, it seems that WM6.1 has a "severe" (Microsoft's words, not mine) bug with SMTP, which means that an email account can become permanently corrupted so it will no longer send email until it's deleted and recreated. Details here:

http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/index....6-1-smtp-issues

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/...5&SiteID=65