Storage Nameing Problem

Guest jsmith_00

Guest jsmith_00

HELP

On my Diamond the Internal storage has gone a bit wrong, it all started when i pluged it in my pc to charge it up, after i took it out them later on i went to do sumthing on it and the internal storage folder has changed it name to "Internal Storage 2" but the original "internal storage" folder is still there and i am confused about it

please help

Guest Neil5459
HELP

On my Diamond the Internal storage has gone a bit wrong, it all started when i pluged it in my pc to charge it up, after i took it out them later on i went to do sumthing on it and the internal storage folder has changed it name to "Internal Storage 2" but the original "internal storage" folder is still there and i am confused about it

please help

The OS has failed to fully initialise the Internal Storage for some reason- do you have any Today, or Startup or Messaging items loaded in Internal Storage?

The 1st thing to try is a soft reset- push the little red button inside the mouth of the Stylus silo (easier with the back removed!); this usually clears it.

Guest jsmith_00
The OS has failed to fully initialise the Internal Storage for some reason- do you have any Today, or Startup or Messaging items loaded in Internal Storage?

The 1st thing to try is a soft reset- push the little red button inside the mouth of the Stylus silo (easier with the back removed!); this usually clears it.

nope did not fix it after the device restarted i went in to programs then file explorer and there is still 2 folders one called internal storage and one called internal storage 2, in the internal storage folder there is only theprogram files folder and in that there is RSS Hub folder, in the Internal storage2 folder there is My documents, you tube and a MP3 folder also the internal storage2 folder has the picture of a mem card on the icon like the orignal storage folder used to be like.

Guest Neil5459
nope did not fix it after the device restarted i went in to programs then file explorer and there is still 2 folders one called internal storage and one called internal storage 2, in the internal storage folder there is only theprogram files folder and in that there is RSS Hub folder, in the Internal storage2 folder there is My documents, you tube and a MP3 folder also the internal storage2 folder has the picture of a mem card on the icon like the orignal storage folder used to be like.

Thats an odd one then. It used to happen a lot on earlier devices with slow external memory cards. I suspect you may need to do a full hard reset, and reformat of the Internal Memory to clear it, unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Guest bdmoore
push the little red button inside the mouth of the Stylus silo

Sorry for the brief hijack but thanks Neil - I had wondered where the reset button was! Maybe I should have read the manual :D

:D

Guest Neil5459
Sorry for the brief hijack but thanks Neil - I had wondered where the reset button was! Maybe I should have read the manual :D

:angry:

That one's caught a lot of people out!

We're geeks- we don't RTFM :D

Guest tjosan

:D

Some people try to reach it without removing the back and that's the hard way.