cannot Register My diamond

Guest jsmith_00

Guest jsmith_00

Help

i got my diamond fom orange on friday and i think it has a old rom on it and i want to update it to the latest version from HTC with the new tweaks on it, so iwent to the htc site got my account but it says my serial number is not a htc fome wot do i do??????????

Guest wardy
Help

i got my diamond fom orange on friday and i think it has a old rom on it and i want to update it to the latest version from HTC with the new tweaks on it, so iwent to the htc site got my account but it says my serial number is not a htc fome wot do i do??????????

Unfortunatley HTC do not cover Supplier phones such as Orange , O2 etc . They only supply updates for Sim Free original HTC devices and even this is only country / region sepcific.

I would suggest you have a lokk at a site called xda developers and all your answers on how to upgrade an Orange or in fact any HTC Diamond are listed

Guest jsmith_00
Unfortunatley HTC do not cover Supplier phones such as Orange , O2 etc . They only supply updates for Sim Free original HTC devices and even this is only country / region sepcific.

I would suggest you have a lokk at a site called xda developers and all your answers on how to upgrade an Orange or in fact any HTC Diamond are listed

thanks for the quick responce but on question if i up grade the rom from that site if i need to send my phone back at any time will it have voided my warrenty cos i have flashed the rom with a non HTC one?

Guest tsutton
thanks for the quick responce but on question if i up grade the rom from that site if i need to send my phone back at any time will it have voided my warrenty cos i have flashed the rom with a non HTC one?

Yep.

So it's really an "your own risk" thing.

Unless you used the official ROM from operator website.

Guest Neil5459

Technically you will void the warranty with a ROM update. However, as Orange are using the standard HTC ROM, and most of the cooked ROMs for the Diamond are pretty standard, the chance of it being spotted are minimal, especially if you reload the original splash screens.

The latest 1.93 ROMs are a big improvement in performance on early HTC models, but the Orange ROM isn't too bad as it is- only a couple of builds behind.

Guest wardy
Technically you will void the warranty with a ROM update. However, as Orange are using the standard HTC ROM, and most of the cooked ROMs for the Diamond are pretty standard, the chance of it being spotted are minimal, especially if you reload the original splash screens.

The latest 1.93 ROMs are a big improvement in performance on early HTC models, but the Orange ROM isn't too bad as it is- only a couple of builds behind.

You can Hard SPL it back to the original version and reload the orange ROM . No one will be the wiser. If you have a total brick and the unit has a hardware fault it is doubtful that you would get the same unit back from repair as in most cases they would just replace and bin

I believe I'm on 1.37, having got an original HTC Diamond (not operated linked).

Would I see a decent difference, and is the ROM listed in the sticky based on the default HTC ROM, or from an operator?