Streaming radio from thestreamcenter suddenly stopped working in PIE

Guest notaliberal

Guest notaliberal

Over the last few days, I was installing/uninstalling various apps (opera, 3D pool, HTC streaming media, etc).

Prior to this I was always able to stream a local radio station (KQRS) using PIE, which would open Windows Media, buffer it up, and play without issues.

Now, out of nowhere, when I click the link to start the stream (which used to then trigger media player), I get this garbage:

"Internet Explorer Mobile cannot display pages of this type"

Anybody have any ideas as to what happened, or how to fix it?

Side note, I can still use opera to open the same exact link and it starts media player and works fine. I'm just more used to PIE, and unresolved issues like this drive me NUTS.

Greatly appreciate any ideas. I assume it's a registry thing somewhere, but have no idea where to start looking... :D

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

(oh, I should mention, I have tried uninstalling everything I recently installed to see if it would revert back to working status. It does not. Argh.)

Edited by notaliberal

Guest notaliberal

^bump...

Really? No ideas? I've tried searching the registry for everything I can think of...

Please, any ideas you've got...

Thanks,

Guest notaliberal

Well, when I click it in PIE, after I get the error I can look at the address bar and it just ends in citadel_kqrs_fm - it has no file extension at the end of the address. It does, however, start with mms:// rather than http:// so I don't know if that's the issue or not.

- confirmed that it doesn't seem to have an extension associated with it. Opened the link from the desktop PC, which is:

mms://citadelcc-kqrs-fm.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_kqrs_fm

and it plays in media player. Look at the properties for it and it calls the format windows media audio, but nowhere does anything actually end with a .wma.

The stream center link for this station is:

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/PDA/search.asp?search=kqrs

I'd be interested in seeing if anybody else gets this to trigger media player by using PIE. Maybe the stream center changed the link, which is why it used to work and now doesn't?

...but then opera still works to trigger media player...

Thanks Paul,

Jeff

Guest notaliberal

Well, nevermind. I just upgraded my phone to the latest T-mo ROM, and once I got everything back the way I like it (Oy Vey!), PIE now correctly triggers media player as it should.

Wish I knew what happened, but oh well...

Thanks anyways,