Auto-Adjust Backlight

Guest FragMeister

Guest FragMeister

I love the Auto-Adjust Backlight feature within Power settings, as this means that no matter whether you are inside or outside in bright sunshine, the screen is always easily viewable.

Just one question though:

On my previous devices, I had the backlight on the second step along the brightness scale so that the battery life was not drained.

The "lowest" setting when using the Auto-Adjust Backlight feature seems to be the "third" step.

Does anyone know if there is a registry tweak to set the lowest brightness level when using Auto-Adjust Backlight feature ?

Guest johnboyw
I love the Auto-Adjust Backlight feature within Power settings, as this means that no matter whether you are inside or outside in bright sunshine, the screen is always easily viewable.

Just one question though:

On my previous devices, I had the backlight on the second step along the brightness scale so that the battery life was not drained.

The "lowest" setting when using the Auto-Adjust Backlight feature seems to be the "third" step.

Does anyone know if there is a registry tweak to set the lowest brightness level when using Auto-Adjust Backlight feature ?

Untick the auto adjust backlight slide the brightness down to where you want it then retick the box... :D

• 1 month later...
Guest newtonmj
Untick the auto adjust backlight slide the brightness down to where you want it then retick the box... ;)

That doesn't work - as soon as you reenable auto-brightness the existing manual settings has no relevance.

Mathew

Guest newtonmj

Sorry, I should've said - I'm not aware of one. I'd certainly be interested in finding one though as I'd be quite happy it dropping another couple of levels as when using it in the dark I think it is still rather bright when on auto.

Mathew

• 10 months later...