BJ2 Sync with Mac?

Guest pratik5705

Guest pratik5705

There are a couple of programs out there that claim to work with Mac OSX Leopard. One is the Missing Sync. Has anyone had luck getting this to work with BJ2? Is there any other program that can be used?

Guest hagie92

haha, go get yourself the pretty iPhone 3G (hey, its the same price) and I gave my BJ2 to my sis... :D

microsoft doesnt keep an open mind when installing software, even though they usually do make things practical. im sure if these programs claim to work, then they probably will...but if they arent free...I would use a friends computer, or put things on the SD card and then install from that?

hope it helps a lil...

hagie92

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tonyshootspeople

I tried the missing sync for a while, then the 2 week trial went up, so that was the end of that! :D

HOWEVER! There's a shareware program called SyncMate ( http://mac.eltima.com/sync-mac.html ) that's free for the most basic syncing (i.e. Address Book and iCal syncing) or $40 for more advanced syncing with iTunes and iPhoto and whatnot.

This is so far my preferred option; it's working better than Missing Sync ever did, and it's FREE!!! In order to use it you need to have application unlocked your phone, and in my experience the best way to do this is with the SDA Application Unlocker (google it), not the MoDaCo GPS Activator (though that works for getting the GPS opened up). To use the SDA unlocker, you need a windows PC with XP on it (or XP in a virtual machine in VMWare Fusion or Parallels) so that you can use ActiveSync and then run the SDA unlocker program. It takes maybe 5 minutes so if someone could let you use their computer for that long you'll be set.

After that, SyncMate will run smoothly...so far I don't have any complaints!

• 3 weeks later...