Unlocked Samsung Blackjack i617 and Fido Carrier

Guest pk_volt

Guest pk_volt

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm hoping to purchase an unlocked samsung i617 on ebay, but I don't know whether it will work with fido carrier here in Canada. Can anyone confirm, or provide any information as to whether it's possible to even use this phone with fido carriers?

Guest Confucious

The i617 is quad band

2G : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G : HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

Fido, I believe is 850/1900 GSM so it will work.

Not sure about Fido 3G though. But I believe so.

Guest pk_volt
The i617 is quad band

2G : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G : HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

Fido, I believe is 850/1900 GSM so it will work.

Not sure about Fido 3G though. But I believe so.

thankyou for replying. As you can obviously tell, i'm very new to the cell phone unlocking scene. But is there slightest chance that it will not work even though the phone is quad band and unlocked? I've searched and found some previous threads with this regard on fido network, but no one has really confirmed it working.

thanks

Guest Mysterious Caveman
thankyou for replying. As you can obviously tell, i'm very new to the cell phone unlocking scene. But is there slightest chance that it will not work even though the phone is quad band and unlocked? I've searched and found some previous threads with this regard on fido network, but no one has really confirmed it working.

thanks

if it's unlocked, it will work 100% guaranteed with 3G as well. no worries. I have a BJ2 from AT&T that I unlocked and am using it with Rogers.

Guest The Cadillac Man
if it's unlocked, it will work 100% guaranteed with 3G as well. no worries. I have a BJ2 from AT&T that I unlocked and am using it with Rogers.

Caveman,

Just out of curioustiy - which route did you go to get the phone unlocked? Or did you buy it that way? I alled at&t, but since I'm not a customer - they won't touch it.

Just wondering if IMEI unlocking will do the trick or what not. I don't mind paying to have it done, just seeing how I need to go about it to make sure it gets done..

Guest Mysterious Caveman
Caveman,

Just out of curioustiy - which route did you go to get the phone unlocked? Or did you buy it that way? I alled at&t, but since I'm not a customer - they won't touch it.

Just wondering if IMEI unlocking will do the trick or what not. I don't mind paying to have it done, just seeing how I need to go about it to make sure it gets done..

i had the same problem with AT&T. I then found the cheapest IMEI-based unlocking on eBay and paid $15. A couple days later, they gave me the unlock code and it worked perfectly. It's been unlocked ever since (including hard resets).

Guest Mysterious Stranger
i had the same problem with AT&T. I then found the cheapest IMEI-based unlocking on eBay and paid $15. A couple days later, they gave me the unlock code and it worked perfectly. It's been unlocked ever since (including hard resets).

There's a guy does sameday at&t unlocking for $5 - I've done 20+ i607 and 4 i617's with him with only 1 i607 having an issue with the code given and he refunded.

ebay id is blowfish06

YMMV.

M.S

Hello,

I have a similar problem. bought the unlocked Samsung b2in ebay. I had to reset my Samsung blackjack 2, and the sim did not work. AT& T supplied me with a 8 digit unlock code, and After repeating the instructions, it did not work.What should I do? I even contacted Samsung support.

Is there a ROM for b2,?

I even managed to find Admin codes

*#1546792*#

Menu:

1 Version

2 Preconfiguration

3 Network and Call settings

4 Internal

Two of the menus required a password, it is *#81230*#

but could not manage to reset under 4 "internal" as well. What should I do?, please help.

See the post above yours....

Re-read his post... :D

AT&T have already given the 8 digit code.

If he buys another unlock he'll get the same code. It's the handset that won't accept the code.

IIRC some BJII's have an issue where you need an AT&T sim in it, then enter the unlock code via a service menu, rather than put a non AT&T sim in and enter the code in a prompt box. I'll look into this further.

Try hard resetting again first though.

M.S

So he sells the AT&T code? I've never used a code to unlock a phone!

Yeah they just get them from a huge database based on IMEI. The sellers on eBay have access to AT&T employees and /or the actual list. Same as getting a code from T-mobile or Orange in the UK. AFAIK no-one's written an app for any samsung phone, all the unlocks are via code.

So if you've already got the code and it doesn't work, different vendors will give the same code :-(

M.S

• 3 weeks later...
Re-read his post... :D

AT&T have already given the 8 digit code.

If he buys another unlock he'll get the same code. It's the handset that won't accept the code.

IIRC some BJII's have an issue where you need an AT&T sim in it, then enter the unlock code via a service menu, rather than put a non AT&T sim in and enter the code in a prompt box. I'll look into this further.

Try hard resetting again first though.

M.S

I do not have the original SIM, from the ebay SEller, I just got the phone, what should I do? Should I wait for WM6.1 ROM, will this solve my problem?