Call Timers

Guest comfortablynumb

Guest comfortablynumb

New to posting to the forum, but long time reader as this place is invaluable!!

Had my Diamond delivered on Monday this week and overall very happy with it, but there's one small issue I've not seen anyone mention and don't know if it's something I've done wrong!

When I go into the Call History then Menu then Call Timers... it shows that I've only spent 3 odd minutes on calls - this is weird as I have spent about half hour or so on it so far according to the individual calls listed. Each individual listed call gives an accurate time spent, but the Call Timer doesn't...?

Anyone else experienced this or is it something that I may have inadvertantly changed?

Cheers!

Guest comfortablynumb
Is it possible that you accidentally hit the 'reset' button in call timers?

No - the reset button only deletes the sub set of timers "Recent Cellular Calls". The "All Calls" section which keeps a running history doesn't reset - both are wrong anyway.

Just wondering if there is a reason for it and if I can correct it...

Guest Neil5459

Try going into Start/Settings/System/ Device Info and see if the Call Duration tab shows what you expected to see? This is a non-cancellable ovefall call timer, and even survives a hard reset.

Guest comfortablynumb

Ahhh ok - that's better!

So what are the call timers in Call History then? It reads very different from the call duration (which is correct for incoming and outgoing calls so far?

Or am I being a bit of a muppet? Feel free to confirm this!! :D

Thanks tho, appreciated!

Guest Neil5459

I'm not sure! I think the Call History function can be removed/deleted by the user or clean-up programs, so will not necessarily be accurate. The Call Timers in Device Info cannot be altered by the user or clean-up programs.

A new device will always have this blank, but a refurb will show how much use the previous owner made of it as it survives a reset. I think it also survives a ROM flash :D