I'm a crazy fool!

Guest trevormuk

Guest trevormuk

Ok so I have finally worked out what I have been doing wrong for the last couple of years, when it comes to my choice of mobile.

Touch screen Pocket PC in a word or 2! Please allow me to unburden myself!

I have really been struggling to enjoy the HTC Diamond as an actual phone. Ok, the bells and whistles are great, but most of the time I am trying to use it as a phone. So as it happens my significant other lost her mobile a week ago, so to keep her going I loaned my old SPV C600. In the course of normal day to day stuff I have been using it as well, and I must say I have been overjoyed at the simplicity of the interface, the reall keypad and the compact size/form factor. This got me thinking why I have been moving around so many phones in the last couple of years - M500, M700, HTC Touch, HTC Diamond.

The only thing I can think is I have been blinded by the bells and whistles of a touch screen device, but have forgotten that my main purpose of use is a phone, and when it comes to it, without a real keypad, the touch screen arrangment for the phone doesn't work (for me anyway!)

So my conclusion is I am ditching the touch screen ppc device, and reverting to a "normal" phone. At the moment I can't see any Winmo device which comes close to the compactness of the old C600.... so it is either revert to the old or see what is available on non winmo platform - as long as I remember not to be blinded by the frilly bits ...

Thanks for reading... I feel better!

Cheers

T

Guest Samsonite

also agree wholeheartedly and find the Touch Dual with normal 16key slidey a fantastic phone!

Works like a phone first and foremost but has all the whistle and bells too. The screen goes blank after a few seconds of a phone call which does prevent your ear creating contacts/playingJawbreaker etc but you can get it back by sliding the keyboard open/shut to bring the screen back to life (it wont end the call if you close it).

Guest trevormuk

Thanks chaps ...

Have not considered the devices you mentioned... so I will have a close look before I potentially move to the dark side!!!

Cheers

T