Who likes their Diamond?

Guest SSR

Hi folks,

I'm lovin' my Diamond compared with my previous TyTN. I like the interface. I like that I can use WM apps. I like the integrated GPS. The shorter battery life doesn't bother me as I charge regularly. I like the dramatic reduction in size.

Is it just me who likes it?!

Guest bdmoore

After having the M3100 and TyTN II, plus an i780 I didn't think I'd get on with a keyboard-less phone (last one I had was the M600 and it sucked) but so far I really like the Diamond. I find the compact qwerty to be the best keyboard and have got quite used to that now.

Having used Windows Mobile since the original SPV I've become used to the battery life and always charge every night so the battery isn't an issue for me either.

The form factor is great, the screen is great, plus all of the other benefits of using WM - all good IMO.

So no, it's not just you :D

Guest skw21rkc

I've had my Diamond a few days, upgraded from a Touch Dual, previoulsy an E650. I like the majority of features on the phone, keypad is easy to use. Like the 3g and internet browsing but would prefer if the calendar launched from the touchflo would launch a third party app instead of the ms-calender.

Steve

Guest John Molyneux

I've been a Nokia user for about 6 years now, and have devoted myself completely to their range of mobiles. My most recent one was an N95 and I LOVED that phone, but it took a while to get used to it. I loved the GPS (Nokia Maps was a breeze and really cheap to upgrade to satnav), and the accelerometer, and the camera was absolutely flawless for both stills and video.

Then someone mentioned the HTC Touch Diamond one day and I was curious, so I googled. A week later, my N95 was on ebay and I was the proud owner of a brand new Touch Diamond. I've never liked my new phones immediately - there's always been a learning curve that went hand-in-hand with the liking of the phone. This, however, was love at first sight. I opened the box and instantly became a mechophile!

It helps a great deal that I'm a windows developer by trade, and develop in C# and .Net 2, so I can write apps for it very easily, so it's endlessly expandable for me!

I don't care about the critics' comments about this phone. I know it's getting a bad rap, and I know it's being touted as a competitor to the iPhone, which will bring out the annoying fan boys (on both sides), but I love my Touch Diamond. I don't care if everyone else slags it off and says the TouchFlo is really slow. It's not. The phone works a treat, as long as you treat it well. It's not just a phone after all. It's a pocket-sized laptop.

In short. Yes. I love my Touch Diamond and I'll kill you if you try to take it :D

Guest aztechnology

The size of the thing and the quality of the screen make all the little foibles worth while. It's been a while since I had a phone that was comfortable in a pocket, I have one again.

I think a tasks view is sadly lacking, and a calander app that is not the horrid WM one, would be nice. I've put SecondToday on mine and run PocketBreeze, so the info is once again readily at hand and presented however I choose.

As to performance, I'm not really sure what people are complaining about. I have the 'X' button configured to close rather than minimise, and performance is still pretty good, even with no tweaks or ROMs applied. Battery life is poor, but I'll live with that, knowing that I have plenty of available charge points in my life, and that if I switch the thing off it charges up quickly.

For me, best of the 3 WM phones I have owned so far.

Guest Tomchap

I love my Diamond to. I have owned the majority of Windows Mobile phones from HTC, Samsung and even Motorolla and I have to say that the Diamond is the best out the lot.

I always charge my phone every day so to be honest I dont notice any difference with the other phones ive owned. I screen is pure delight! Its loverly! Gotta be the best screen quality ive seen on a mobile (and yes ive used other phones to and in my opinion there iscreen isnt as good, hehe)

Happy with the size of looks of the phone, its great, and being able to tweak it here and there is great to. Who cares if we havent got an Apple Store! hehe! I would rather download for free anyway :D

Big up the Diamond! :D

Guest rameses

Yep,I like mine too. I didn't think I could manage without the Kaiser's keyboard but I've not missed it really. Also now the battery life is good (getting several days between charges) it lasts longer than the Kaiser too.

Guest vii_voo
Yep,I like mine too. I didn't think I could manage without the Kaiser's keyboard but I've not missed it really. Also now the battery life is good (getting several days between charges) it lasts longer than the Kaiser too.

Hi, how are you getting several days between charges? I barely get more than 1.

What network are you on?

What's your usage?

Guest jmelville

Hi all, new here, have a question.

I upgraded from and SPV E650 last weekend to the Diamond and although I think it's a fantastic phone the battery life is awful! To be honest i think it's totally unacceptable.

My question is, how long is other people's phone lasting? On saturday i took the phone off charge at 4pm and went over to a friends house. I let his daughter play teeter for about 15mins, used the internet on 3G twice for about 2 mins at a time and sent about 6 text messages and the battery was dead by midnight! I didn't even make any calls. Then on sunday i left it off charge and made just one 5min phone call and it lasted to lunchtime today. Is this normal?

I say again, i think its a fantastic phone, it does SO much, but what's the point of having all these features if you can't use them out when out without fear of it dying on you? Makes it pointless, i'll just wait and use my laptop to surf the net when i get home. Orange are sending me another one tomorrow and if that's no better i'm going to dump it and demand they cancel my contract extention.

Although I do charge regularly, at an estimate I reckon I'd get about 2 days from the battery with an hour or two of using TomTom, data connection active (normally "H") using push, and the odd text. Ironically I don't get or make a lot of phone calls.

Guest vii_voo
Hi all, new here, have a question.

I upgraded from and SPV E650 last weekend to the Diamond and although I think it's a fantastic phone the battery life is awful! To be honest i think it's totally unacceptable.

My question is, how long is other people's phone lasting? On saturday i took the phone off charge at 4pm and went over to a friends house. I let his daughter play teeter for about 15mins, used the internet on 3G twice for about 2 mins at a time and sent about 6 text messages and the battery was dead by midnight! I didn't even make any calls. Then on sunday i left it off charge and made just one 5min phone call and it lasted to lunchtime today. Is this normal?

I say again, i think its a fantastic phone, it does SO much, but what's the point of having all these features if you can't use them out when out without fear of it dying on you? Makes it pointless, i'll just wait and use my laptop to surf the net when i get home. Orange are sending me another one tomorrow and if that's no better i'm going to dump it and demand they cancel my contract extention.

I've had mine for 2 weeks, and barely get 24 hours out of it. I charge it every night. Today at 8.32pm, it's at 40% from full charge at 6.30am, some light usage today, some surfing, 1 text, get email few times, one 6 min phone call. My old Vario II would last around 3 days.

I have no issue with battery life and I love my HTC Diamond.

Disconnected from the charger 13 hours ago:

• 20 text messages
  • a 15 minutes phone call
  • 2 photos
  • 5 minutes of internet browsing
  • 1.5 hours total usage (UpTime Meter today plugin)
  • 80% charge remaining

For those that might ask: it's a bog-standard Orange branded Diamond with an upgraded radio ROM. I've turned off TouchFlo 3D, I don't use 3G, and the auto-adjust brightness is off.

Guest vii_voo
I have no issue with battery life and I love my HTC Diamond.

Disconnected from the charger 13 hours ago:

• 20 text messages
  • a 15 minutes phone call
  • 2 photos
  • 5 minutes of internet browsing
  • 1.5 hours total usage (UpTime Meter today plugin)
  • 80% charge remaining

For those that might ask: it's a bog-standard Orange branded Diamond with an upgraded radio ROM. I've turned off TouchFlo 3D, I don't use 3G, and the auto-adjust brightness is off.

What radio ROM is it? Did you update it yourself, if so, how?

Guest Alkali

If only fellow members will send their Touch Diamond to INVISIBLE SHIELD to be covered like i did they will love their Diamond no end!

I have it for weeks now without a single scratch.I do not need any Case or screen protector and it looks exactly like it did when i took it out of the box!

I have owned tones of cars but never really felt in love like i do with the diamond. I will not exchanged it with anything in life :D

I LOVE my Diamond :D

P

I dont love his Diamond ^^^^^ .

But I love mine.

:whs:

However I managed to get the worst day of battery ever yesterday. My new job is in a place with really poor signal and with hardly any useage it lasted a day. So searching for signal as somebody mentioned really does use loads of bettery power

Phones are a personal thing, so some will get on with it while others won't.

I was curious though to know whether everyone just hated it, or whether there were folks here who liked it.

Guest damianbyrne

At the moment I don't like mine,

In the past year I have had a HTC Tytn II, then a S730, a Touch Dual, the Vodafone branded Tytn II and now the Diamond.

There is something about it I jus cannot get on with at the minute, don't know what it is.... the only thing different is the lack of keyboard and my fat fingers

I'll give it a week or so and if I don't like it I'll go back to the S730

Guest dynamo

Put me in the "Love my Diamond" category :D It's so slim and light and has so many useful features compared to my old M500 which i kept for far too long (I switched to PAYG and didn't want to pay full price for a new one). The wife is soon due to our first so gave me an excuse to get a contract so i can call her during the day while she's at home.

Plus the unlimited data is awesome especially when i'm taken shopping to look at baby stuff like prams and winnie the pooh wall paper :D

It only annoys me sometimes when it seems to slow down with too many programs open. I wish I could use more of the storage memory as program memory as i install everything on the 4gig internal anyway. My M500 always ran smoothly for this reason - can't understand why they made it fixed in these new versions of WM. I guess i'll just have to install one of the new ROMs when i feel confident to speed it up.