CONFIRMED - T-Mobile sending out FREE extended batteries

Guest notaliberal

Guest notaliberal

I know this has been posted at other forums, but I figured I'd post an "official" confirmation here. I just got off the phone with t-mo after seeing a post that they were giving out free extended batteries. I explained that mine lasts about 18 hours with my current usage and that I read they were offering free extended batteries.

The t-mo rep confirmed that, and they are sending my free battery, along with a back cover to fit it (kind of a bummer if they really had to make it bigger, but oh well). With the free UPS ground shipping, I'll have a decent lasting battery in roughly 7 days, no charge whatsoever.

So, call them up all you shadow users!! Might as well get it while it lasts!! Maybe having to send out all the freebies will make them look more closely at issues like this in the future...

Yay.

Guest the_matrixx
I know this has been posted at other forums, but I figured I'd post an "official" confirmation here. I just got off the phone with t-mo after seeing a post that they were giving out free extended batteries. I explained that mine lasts about 18 hours with my current usage and that I read they were offering free extended batteries.

The t-mo rep confirmed that, and they are sending my free battery, along with a back cover to fit it (kind of a bummer if they really had to make it bigger, but oh well). With the free UPS ground shipping, I'll have a decent lasting battery in roughly 7 days, no charge whatsoever.

So, call them up all you shadow users!! Might as well get it while it lasts!! Maybe having to send out all the freebies will make them look more closely at issues like this in the future...

Yay.

i ordered mine Sunday and got it yesterday. haven't had it 24 hrs yet but i can already notice the improvement, and it didn't make the footprint as big as i thought it would.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
i ordered mine Sunday and got it yesterday. haven't had it 24 hrs yet but i can already notice the improvement, and it didn't make the footprint as big as i thought it would.

Sweet. Haven't seen these on Fleabay yet ( I'm in the UK and not a t-mo US subscriber so doubt they'll send me one!) but might have to pick one up when I do.

Can someone post some pics of it?

M.S

Guest notaliberal

Here's some pics. Note that I didn't notice the color difference very much until I saw these. It's nowhere near as noticeable as it is in the pictures. I have the green version of the shadow, they also have a copper one if that's the color you chose...

It's definitely heavier, but it's kind of nice as it helps the phone stay upright in your pocket. Feels nice and solid still...

Enjoy,

Jeff

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Currently on the phone with them now getting mine ordered. But I just wanted to let everyone know that this only covers batteries with the model #KII0160. I'm not sure if there are any other model #'s but the rep had me a little scared. She was reading it wrong and at first was saying that this model number wasn't covered but it is.

Edited by Guest

Guest vwnmbug

Had to call twice, the first guy told me I didn't qualify, saw the post with the model and it was the same as mine so I called back and badda-bing it's on the way. You guys are awesome. Makes me mad that T-Mobile didn't say anything about it. Figured they would at least send an e-mail. Oh well, lucky I found this forum.

Edited by vwnmbug

Guest notaliberal
how do you know if you qualify for the battery?

Your battery will say

Model: K110160

Should be right below the HTC logo. You won't have to remove the battery to see it, just the battery door...

Good luck,