Cant Dismiss alarms

Guest highlorddave

Guest highlorddave

I answered someone elses post here a while back explaining how to get the alarm dismiss dialog to show on the home screen.

go

start

settings

sounds & notifications

notifications tab

select reminders from the drop down menu

check the display onscreen box

now im having a problem when every few days my alarm goes off but the dismiss dialog does not pop up. Then when i check the settings the above mentioned box is unchecked again.

Anyone else getting this, or have an insight into what could be causing it

thanks

Guest newtonmj

Just so you know you're not going mad I confirm that I'm seeing the same behaviour.

First time it happened I put it down to human error on my part and assumed I'd accidentally unticked it, but it happened again this morning and I've been nowhere near that page.

If you find out what's causing do let me know as I'm good for nothing first thing in the morning and scrabbling about trying to tap the title bar icon is a pain!

Mathew

Guest highlorddave
Just so you know you're not going mad I confirm that I'm seeing the same behaviour.

First time it happened I put it down to human error on my part and assumed I'd accidentally unticked it, but it happened again this morning and I've been nowhere near that page.

If you find out what's causing do let me know as I'm good for nothing first thing in the morning and scrabbling about trying to tap the title bar icon is a pain!

Mathew

i have been trying to replicate this for the last hour or so to try and find the cause.

I thought it may be something to do with switing profile (sound, vibrate ect) but thats not it

tried a few soft resets and one time it had unchecked, but another it had not so im not sure what that means.

maybe we could compare what software we have installed to try to determin ifs its a 3rd party app causing this?

i had a suspicion it may be something to do with S2U2 so may uninstall that later.

the search continues

Guest newtonmj

I thought it might well be one of the registry-modifying programs I've been using e.g. Advanced Config, Diamond Tweak etc as they're the sort of thing that offers such configuration. So, for the time being, I won't open them and I'll see how long I go - it might help narrow the scope down.

Regarding other installed apps I'm still in 'keep changing everything' phase of device ownership so I've had all sorts come and go but nothing that I could imagine might be influencing things. Perhaps my calendar app 'Agenda One' as it obviously has an interest in Reminders etc. Again I'll have a look through how it's configured.

Mathew

Guest dynamo

Thanks for the instructions, you're a life saver - this was driving me crazy for the past few days. Having to click the icon at the top and then dismiss was getting very annoying when half asleep in the morning!

At least I can re-enable it if it happens again :D